Pet peeve of the day
People who say "my 8G movies work but my 12G movies don't" or similar nonsense.

D'oh, a 90 minute (1h30) movie that is 8G is the same bitrate as a 135 minute (2h15) movie that is 12G.

mediainfo is a wonderful tool. People should learn about it, as well as the difference between a container and a codec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
agreed Smile
(2014-01-26, 01:35)nickr Wrote: mediainfo is a wonderful tool. People should learn about it, as well as the difference between a container and a codec.

A container is something you put water in. A codec is a brand of camera. Right?Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yep, you got it in one. Go to the top of the class.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A container is where you put your beer. A codec is what you think a container is after drinking the contents of the container.
Can have and actually have are two very different things.

Yes, just like missing the point and getting the point are two very different things...
Edit, grammar correct according to the teacher...

You can still get a point even when you miss the point. Wink

Subject A ) Missed a point.
Subject B ) Made Subject A feel the point (not necessarily the same point could for e.g witty point, sharp point or ding dong point, pointy hat? But not the original point) Rofl

But ya. All valid points. Oo

The most important thing to bear in mind is... "There is no spoon...!"
(2014-01-26, 13:27)uNiversal Wrote: You can still get the point even when you miss the point. Wink

You can still get a point even when you miss the point.

The and a are two very different things Wink

Quote: The most important thing to bare in mind is... "There is no spoon...!"

Also I think you meant "bear in mind", or were you being "bare minded"? Tongue
AH sorry misss teee, will correct quickly the grammar.

Done...
(2014-01-26, 13:44)uNiversal Wrote: AH sorry misss teee, will correct quickly the grammar.

Yeah you might wanna check your spelling before you being lecturing about how to use the English language...
(2014-01-26, 13:46)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 13:44)uNiversal Wrote: AH sorry misss teee, will correct quickly the grammar.

Yeah you might wanna check your spelling before you being lecturing about how to use the English language...

Ah no, iirc you >is< the one doing the lecturing. :facepalm:

-- "Before you being lecturing""... classic!! teeedub I learn much about this language from native speakers. Smile
Well you're ri (recalling incorrectly):

Quote: Can have and actually have are two very different things.

(2014-01-26, 13:48)uNiversal Wrote: -- "Before you being lecturing""... classic!! teeedub

So is that a spelling or grammar mistake? Rofl
Rhetorical questions, also make a point...

@teeedubb

I think you misunderstand my earlier comment about "can have and actually have"... not meant as a correction at all, I see why you think it would be now. Doh! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pet peeve of the day1