Crash when viewing files on a Seagate 3 TB disk
Hello,

I have installed XBMC on a Mac mini (Intel i7, 4Core, 2,7 GHz, 16 GB Memory). Its working nearly perfect in my environment, but: when I click on Video -> Files and select a connected Seagate 3 TB disk (ST3000DM001-1CH166) XBMC crashes. All other disks I use are 2 TB disks. Opening the 3 TB disk in System -> File Manager works.
What could be the reason? I hope anybody can help.

Regards,
Maxi
You need to paste a link to a crash report and a Debug log (wiki).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thank you for your quick response.

Log is: http://pastebin.com/jNFnPn7P

Crash Report is: http://pastebin.com/jQUchtYC

The Volume Name wich causes the crash is Movies02.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,
Maxi
Try removing /Volumes/Movies02/Illuminati_(2009).mkv
Thank you,
I moved the File Illuminati from Movies02 (= 3 TB Volume) to Movies05 (= 2 TB Volume).
I can open Movies05 with the file Illuminati on it, but Movies02 crashes as before.
As a work around - disable metadata extraction in system->video->filelists
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-27, 11:09)Memphiz Wrote: As a work around - disable metadata extraction in system->video->filelists

Thank you, no crash anymore. Is this something which will be corrected in future?
Not likely ... we get lots of problems on iOS (or any other low-ram platform) and its hard to track down the real cause (its always related to ffmpeg and the used movie/encodings).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when viewing files on a Seagate 3 TB disk0