OpenElec appearing in the Upper Left hand corner of Screen
I have an old HP G71 with a broken screen I decided to try and turn into a kodi box. Originally I couldn't even get it to appear on the TV by HDMI, I found disconnecting the laptop screen completely fixed that. But the image is shrunken to take up only a third of the tv screen, appearing in the upper left hand corner, and the largest resolution option I'm being given is 1024x768. The mouse gets free reign of the whole screen, but even video calibration can't move beyond the bottom right threshold of the image. Tried turning off overscan, no effect, and played with TV image stretch just made the partial area it takes up different shapes and widths.
I found a few Xorg.conf recommendations for very identical sounding situations. And all they did was trap OpenElec on its splash screen.
Don't fully understand it, but here's the Kodi log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26186989/
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
That is not a debug log (wiki) - but the answer may be to do with your video device -Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

May just be too old.

Or try LibreELEC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I might be wrong, but AFAICT that's a laptop and if you have both screens (the laptop screen and the additional output) active it could cause OE being displayed in the upper left corner. See if you are able to switch screens with the FN-keys and if that fixes something.

There's also an option in the settings which is called "disable other screens". You can also try that and see if it fixes something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec appearing in the Upper Left hand corner of Screen0