Linux Some videos wont play
So recently I reinstalled XBMC using a script I found on the forums, on Ubuntu 12.10

My PC is an older Revo.

Most stuff works fine. However some videos will not play.

My video source is SMB, I have two shares, one for TV shows, and one for Movies. These issues exist with both shares.

The issue is this:

When I play some movies, the screen will go black as if the movie is starting. However I lose the mouse pointer, and network load does not increase. I am stuck and have to ALT-CTRL-DEL to restart. I can also switch to a terminal or ssh and execute a restart that way as well.

Usually, if the movie does not play, restarting will not fix it. I can restart 5 times and each time the video will crash. These are videos that played fine before I wiped and reinstalled last month. But there are some movies that always crash, never will play.

Once in a while, I will find a video that does this, but if I restart, the video will play. I thought for a while that if I navigated to the file instead of using Library view, but I have found some files that will not play this way.

I have checked the share, permissions are fine, and there are no errors in the Windows logs.

I have some logs with debug enabled

http://pastebin.com/FFRJ3gDJ - This is the XBMC log

http://pastebin.com/UbNKZAUZ - This is the crash log

The only serious warning that I can find is

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

I did extensive searching for any hints for this error and could not find anything relevant.

Movie in question that will not play is The Big Lebowski

Any help is greatly appreciated!
You are running a three months old ALPHA9. Upgrade.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
When I run a apt-get upgrade I do not get any updated xbmc packages to install. So I figured I was up to date. It looks like the script that I used was not using the repository so I will need to sort that out so I can update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some videos wont play0