• 16(current)
Release service.subtitles.subscene
Hi, couldn't get any subtitle plugin to work yet.
how can i check the write permissions?
I'm afraid I can't be of much help with this, since I don't use Android myself. Could it be an issue with Android Lollipop, like here: http://www.aftvnews.com/some-apps-like-k...fire-os-5/

Edit: Here is the support thread for Nvidia Shield TV, maybe somebody there can help you: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...n=lastpost

Edit 2: You can change the subtitle storage location here: Videos_Settings#Subtitles (wiki). You might try some place in your home folder.
Ok thanks for trying. I will read some in the links you gave me.

I tried with the home folder, doesn't work either.
Hi,

For a couple of days, I always have "no subtitles found".
Here's my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/paktlufvx

Thanks for your help Wink.
Hi N'Herby,

you'll need to update the addon to version 1.6.1, there has been a change on the subscene website.
(2015-11-15, 18:57)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Hi N'Herby,

you'll need to update the addon to version 1.6.1, there has been a change on the subscene website.
That was it. Thanks for the tip.
Now I need to find why Kodi still shows me the 1.5.1 as the latest version !?
So far, I've just installed the 1.6.1 from zip and it works !
Hello, I am wondering where can I suggest some feature for this addon? Thank you.
(2015-11-19, 11:06)Exor18 Wrote: Hello, I am wondering where can I suggest some feature for this addon? Thank you.

You can suggest it right here.
However keep in mind that the addon can only work with the framework Kodi provides for subtitle addons. Basically the addon can only present a list and download the selected file. If your suggestion needs more UI than that it might require work in Kodi itself, which I cannot provide.
(2015-11-19, 11:27)CrowleyAJ Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 11:06)Exor18 Wrote: Hello, I am wondering where can I suggest some feature for this addon? Thank you.

You can suggest it right here.
However keep in mind that the addon can only work with the framework Kodi provides for subtitle addons. Basically the addon can only present a list and download the selected file. If your suggestion needs more UI than that it might require work in Kodi itself, which I cannot provide.

Ok, I am not familiar what you can do with this addon but I would like to be able to search by specific:
- Movie Title
- Year
- Uploader name
- CC only on/off (list the search with CC only or without option)

These will help search much better. If you are unable to do these in this addon due to Kodi's UI then it's ok. Smile
Hi Exor18,

thanks for your suggestions, but I'm afraid they are beyond the scope of the subscene addon. I can see that filtering for certain properties might be helpful, but currently there is simply no UI in Kodi to select filters.
You might suggest this in the general feature request forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

As for Movie Title and Year: These properties are already taken into account when searching subtitles for a movie from your library. I found that search on subscene works best when you use the library name of the movie instead of the filename.
(2015-11-23, 16:19)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Hi Exor18,

thanks for your suggestions, but I'm afraid they are beyond the scope of the subscene addon. I can see that filtering for certain properties might be helpful, but currently there is simply no UI in Kodi to select filters.
You might suggest this in the general feature request forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

As for Movie Title and Year: These properties are already taken into account when searching subtitles for a movie from your library. I found that search on subscene works best when you use the library name of the movie instead of the filename.

Thank you for your response.

I didn't know Movie Title and Year are possible, I thought filename is only possible. Thank you for this information. Uploader name and CC are the most important for me because I am deaf so I prefer to use CC. Uploader name is also important to us I am pretty sure due to some people making subtitle that we can't understand due to many grammar or spelling error. I would rather to download from specific uploader who I know that make almost perfect subtitle such as GoldenBeard. So I could put in Movie Title, Year, CC on then GoldenBeard. It will definitely save a lot of time than looking around for possible match GoldenBeard.

I have posted the feature on the suggestion feature forum you linked. Hopefully they will add that feature, it would be awesome. Smile
@CrowleyAJ

Hey. Great work with this addon!

I have a question regarding searching for subs:
I almost never have trouble getting the anticipated search results - one exception is the TV Show "The Flash" (2014). The file names are typically "The.Flash.2014.s01e01...".

I guess the "2014" is the reason the search result is not good. 2014 is not really part of the exact tv show name, but is used everywhere to mark that it not the old version of the tv show. When you search via Browser withing subscene.com you can see, that they also use the 2014 within the file names. So removing the 2014 in the file name looks like the wrong approach to me.

Do you think there is a possibility to improvement for such a search situation?

Thanks!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Sure, I can look into it. It would be best if you provide a debug log (wiki), so I know your exact conditions. If you added the show to your Kodi library, the library title is used for search instead of the file name.
Hello,

I noticed that a subtitle search for files named like 'marvels.jessica.jones.s01e02.e.t.c.mkv' returns results for the show "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." instead of "Marvel's Jessica Jones".
A manual search for "marvel's jessica jones s01e02" matches the correct show.
(2015-12-20, 19:25)edsic Wrote: Hello,

I noticed that a subtitle search for files named like 'marvels.jessica.jones.s01e02.e.t.c.mkv' returns results for the show "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." instead of "Marvel's Jessica Jones".
A manual search for "marvel's jessica jones s01e02" matches the correct show.

Yeah, I noticed something similar with Marvels Agents of Shield. Subscene doesn't use the "Marvel's" prefix consistently, which messes up search.
Thanks for notifying me, it will be fixed in the next version.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.subscene8