Bug missing subtitle stream
Cool. This was the dealbreaker for me so i am still on april build.
Hope this will now get fixed and it will be in mainline.

TNX for troubleshoot.
Good job !
Elupus gave me a working patch, hopefully it will me merged soon! 3843 (PR)
Also Teletext subtitles in .ts files need to be fixed.
Many channels still use Teletext as subitltles.
It has worked when i tried TVheadend for livetv but no support for recordings so this is something that need to be done in XBMC itself and not PVR part.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Subtitles works with xbmc and recordings if you record to .mkv with tvheadend.
But i guess you are talking about .ts recordings from other backends and Dreambox..
(2013-12-16, 23:12)Jönke Wrote: Subtitles works with xbmc and recordings if you record to .mkv with tvheadend.
But i guess you are talking about .ts recordings from other backends and Dreambox..
yes i am talking about .ts recordings as i said. You have same problem with a tvcard in computer.
Recording to .mkv needs a fast computer for transcoiding.
.ts streams doesn't need much resources because it just save the stream to hdd.
Support for that in XBMC would make it work for all PVR backens also.
This is the only thing that stops me to change to XBMC and i know many people that want the same thing.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
how many exactly?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Teletext is used in the "nordics" Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and maybe more? So all tv-card /Dreambox users there that don't have Tvh/vdr would need teletext support in xbmc if they want subtiles from .ts recordings or livetv.
Has anyone actually checked that the subtitles in .ts recordings from tvheadend work in other players than XBMC? I have previously tried to extract teletext subs from .ts files downloaded from the web and I couldn't get them to display in any player no matter what I tried. I managed to extract them to .SRT using ProjectX but the timecodes where missing so the resulting file was essentially useless.
(2013-12-17, 23:57)opdenkamp Wrote: how many exactly?

At this stage, at least two, leatherface and myself :-). As Jönke writes below, it is used on most of the satellite channels in the nordics. Not sure of how terrestial and cable work.

/D
(2013-12-14, 08:01)charliebrown Wrote: Not sure of how terrestial and cable work.

There's a lot of teletext on T/C too (at least in Finland).
the public German TV stations also have teletext subtitles AFAIK
(2013-12-18, 10:44)dodoadoodoo Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 23:57)opdenkamp Wrote: how many exactly?

At this stage, at least two, leatherface and myself :-). As Jönke writes below, it is used on most of the satellite channels in the nordics. Not sure of how terrestial and cable work.

/D

You can count me, so now we are atleast three Wink . This is a feature I really miss in XBMC.
(2013-12-18, 10:53)negge Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 08:01)charliebrown Wrote: Not sure of how terrestial and cable work.

There's a lot of teletext on T/C too (at least in Finland).

Same goes for Sweden

Doesn't UK also uses teletext ?

But i guess that we already have enough of contries stated with need for teletext ? Big Grin

So who on the xbmc team would be the right guy to contact for this ? Maybe @elupus who fixed the missing subtitle stream for Tvh that was broken for almost 6 months? Hope someone with skills can finally make this work. I would really like to drop vlc and use xbmc for my old Dreambox .ts recordings Nod
Tongue 
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, and I've been following this thread. Maybe I'm missing something, but even with the latest patch I can't get subtitles on livetv to work using tvheadend. I know they work on recorded shows (mkv) but they used to work under Frodo. So now I'm stuck on choosing between working timeshift (Important since I'm a hockey-nerd) or subtitltes on livetv (also important, since I only understand scandinavian languages and english. Plus, my girlfriend won't let me switch from team-mediaportal before these to features are both there. Media-portal is great, but it is of course Windows only.)

Are teletext subtitles supposed to work with the new endian patch in XBMC? I'm using the latest tvheadend-git and the latest gotham-nightly with the latest pvr-plugin under Xubuntu 13.10. I'm not a hacker, but a lawyer so I can't help with providing code, but I'm a more than willing crash test dummy. With that said, I'm pretty sure the last line from the log bears some relevance in this issue Tongue

Relevent log-snippet follows from my "testing-system".

20:17:39 T:139901272139520 DEBUG: Process - Start position set to last stopped position: 6000
20:17:39 T:139901272139520 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: SendSeek(time=6000, seek=6000000)
20:17:39 T:139902282561280 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: ParseSubscriptionStart - id: 1, type: MPEG2VIDEO, codec: 2
20:17:39 T:139902282561280 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: ParseSubscriptionStart - id: 2, type: MPEG2AUDIO, codec: 86016
20:17:39 T:139902282561280 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: ParseSubscriptionStart - id: 3, type: TELETEXT, codec: 94215
20:17:39 T:139902282561280 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: ParseSubscriptionStart - id: 4, type: TEXTSUB, ignored

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing subtitle stream1