Req External Forced Subtitles
What happens if you simply put an empty non forced subtitle file there as a dummy?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It depends on your preferred language settings. Forced subs should be activated only if their language match the audio stream's language.
Ace - I think you've got it. I went into the settings for XBMC (System => Appearance => International => Language) and set my default user interface language to English (it was blank beforehand) and now it seems to work as expected. The forced subs still play as before, but when there is also a non-forced subtitle file in the folder, the forced subs continue to work.
Only other thing I've noticed is that if you switch to full subtitles while watching, the next time you turn the video on, it will use the full subs, not the forced. I think that's just a function of XBMC remembering what you did the previous time, so it makes sense that it would not revert back to just the forced subs.
I'll write up everything and add it to the wiki. If you have any other thoughts/suggestions/additions, let me know and i'll incorporate them.
Thanks to all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Forced Subtitles0