Use Xcode 5.0.2 for iOS Build?
Is it possible to use Xcode 5.0.2 to build for iOS?

The README.ios says that 4.3.2 or 3.2.6 were current as of the writing.

Also is it possible to run XBMC on an iPad with version 7.0.4 of iOS?

I have recently downloaded Xcode and tried to build for the iPad using Xcode 5.0.2 and I have encountered the

"Lexical or Preprocessor Issue
boost/shared_ptr.hpp file not found

error when trying to complete step 4.1 of the Readme.
skunkworks:xbmc-git davilla$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 5.0.1
Build version 5A2053
forgot to build depends ?
davilla,

I performed the steps in 3.1 of the Readme. I also completed step 4 too, including executing the "make xcode_depends" command.

I did not do the "Advanced" step in 3.1 where a specific sdk can be specified.

I am trying to compile with the defaults of Xcode that I downloaded last week.

Thanks for sharing your version number of Xcode. I take it to mean that whatever my problem is, it is most likely not the version of Xcode I am running.
It could be, that error typically means that xcode did not find the depends.

for example, in osx, you build i386 depends, and try to build x86_64 in xcode.
ensure that you have selected the same sdk version (e.x. ios7 sdk) in xcode as you used when configuring in tools/depends - also ensure that you are building the ios target in the xcode project and not the osx target.

Even if readme isn't updated yet - it works on xcode 5 for sure... also of course you can run xbmc on ios7...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

Thanks for the info. I am still getting used to Xcode.

Do I need to definitely run the ./configure command using the --with-sdk option? As far as I know, I haven't installed any additional versions of the SDK. I just have whatever the latest is that came with Xcode.

I want to test using an iPad with the retina display so I have chosen XBMC-iOS > iPad Retina at the top of my Xcode window. According to a book I have this is called a "scheme"? Is that the correct terminology for Xcode?
I tried rebuilding everything today. I am trying to build against sdk 7.0.

So I used the following configure command.

Code:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-sdk=7.0

I built everything through step for. The last command I ran was

Code:
make xcode_depends

The last thing that build was slingbox as follows.

Code:
CPP     lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.o
SlingboxLib.cpp:167:21: warning: conversion from string literal to 'char *' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-writable-strings]
  char * szString = "GET /stream.asf HTTP/1.1\r\nAccept: */*\r\n"
                    ^
1 warning generated.
AR      lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.a

When I try to build for XBMC-iOS > iPad Retina I still get the error with GlobalsHandling.h, boost/shared_ptr.hpp file not found.

Do I need to download SDK 6.0?
iPad Retina targets the ios simulator. XBMC can not be compiled for the simulator. You need to set the target to Device!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz,

Thanks. Selecting the Device as the target got the code to compile.

I also needed this bit of advice from (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178010)

Quote:"/Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py: No such file or directory"
You can solve this by going to the Build Phases tab in Xcode for the ios target and remove the line under code sign.
yep known issue for gen_entitlements for now. Either put it in place or get rid of it.
Memphiz,

I would like to run a signed version of XBMC. I am not sure what you mean by put it in place.

Should I create the needed directory and then copy the python script to the directory?

I don't seem to have gen_entitlements.py on my system. Would I have to down load an older version of Xcode to get this python script?
"get rid of it." , that means comment it out in the build phase. Then you can self-sign. Otherwise google for gen_entitlements and follow the direction to bypass signing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Xcode 5.0.2 for iOS Build?0