• 58(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
Just ordered one yesterday, and want to use OE with Harmony 650. Is there any MCE that is plug and play? Or can I use Flirc?
Also, would prefer turn on and off OE Box using my 650.
Any recommendations please?
Thanks
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

(2014-12-04, 06:42)freak1 Wrote: Just ordered one yesterday, and want to use OE with Harmony 650. Is there any MCE that is plug and play? Or can I use Flirc?
Thanks
RTFW
(2014-12-04, 08:36)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 06:42)freak1 Wrote: Just ordered one yesterday, and want to use OE with Harmony 650. Is there any MCE that is plug and play? Or can I use Flirc?
Thanks
RTFW

Huh
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

(2014-12-04, 15:54)freak1 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 08:36)Matt Devo Wrote:
Thanks
RTFW

Huh
I would take that as... " Please read the wiki "
(2014-12-04, 17:08)dcaplinger76 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 15:54)freak1 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 08:36)Matt Devo Wrote: RTFW

Huh
I would take that as... " Please read the wiki "

PRTW.... I got that but RTFWHuh
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

http://slang.org/RTFW-meaning-definition
| myHTPC |
(2014-12-04, 18:35)-DDD- Wrote: http://slang.org/RTFW-meaning-definition

Wow!!! That's how you treat the newbies...
If only all geniuses use that word....How the world would be...
I was just here to get some knowledge and I agree I didn't read the wiki before, I think there are some nicer word to direct somebody to the right direction.... It pretty much sound like geniuses YELLING at newbies....
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

It's just an expression, get over it and RTFW Wink
(2014-04-28, 20:10)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 20:01)Netix Wrote: So the K400 doesn't work at all ? Is it only when booting ? if I install Ubuntu would it work inside XBMC once the device is booted ?

it doesn't work on the dev boot screen, so you can't use CTRL-D/U/L. Once the OS is booted it works correctly, so you just can't use it to do the initial config of the box

Going to be setting up my Chromebox this weekend. I'm going to try the dual boot with Chrome and OE.

I have a Logitech K400, Harmony 890 Remote, and a FLIRC. I'll be using a wired keyboard for the initial setup.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the FLIRC works during the dev boot screen? If so, I was thinking I could map buttons on my remote and FLIRC to enter the CTRL D & L functions when booting. If this worked, this I could pick the boot option with the remote and not have to mess with a wired keyboard.
(2014-12-05, 05:26)Casey96SS Wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows if the FLIRC works during the dev boot screen? If so, I was thinking I could map buttons on my remote and FLIRC to enter the CTRL D & L functions when booting. If this worked, this I could pick the boot option with the remote and not have to mess with a wired keyboard.

it does not
(2014-12-04, 18:49)freak1 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 18:35)-DDD- Wrote: http://slang.org/RTFW-meaning-definition
Wow!!! That's how you treat the newbies...

I didn't wrote this, i only googled for you the meaning of RTFW Huh
| myHTPC |
(2014-12-04, 18:49)freak1 Wrote: Wow!!! That's how you treat the newbies...
If only all geniuses use that word....How the world would be...
(2014-12-04, 19:07)Vidman Wrote: It's just an expression, get over it and RTFW Wink
Ha its only geniuses tho that can use slang in an Ironic sense ! Wink
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
V

(2014-10-23, 23:28)deppdudepp Wrote: Quick update to my post #345:

YES, Schiit Gungnir (an external USB DAC) works perfectly with my ASUS Chromebox M004U running standalone OpenELEC. And sounds absolutely amazing!!!
(Hi-Res FLAC --> Chromebox --> USB --> Gungnir --> XLR --> Yamaha A-S2000 --> PS Audio xStream Statement --> KEF 205).

Just plug everything together and select the Schiit audio output in the settings.

As @deppdudepp indicated, other Schiit products seem to (possibly?) work easily with Chromebox/OpenELEC. I have a Schiit Modi connect to my OpenELEC/Chrombox right now. OpenELEC does recognize the cheaper Schiit model.

However, I'm not convinced that the setup is plug/play. When i switch from the analog out on the Asus to the USB/Modi out, i'm not sure that i hear much difference. Sound does seem to sound slightly better thru Modi, but could be a placebo effect. That is, Modi connected to my PC w/ Foobar presents a shocking difference from the stock audio out -- the difference is not nearly as prominent connected to Chromebox.

Modi shows up as two entries in the audio out settings of OpenELEC: 1) USB Modi, analog; and 2) USB Modi, S/PDIF. Also, Kodi volume control still works either either Modi selected. It seems that true USB out should lock out the system mixer and volume control. Any thoughts?
Have you got passthrough selected?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Such hostility towards new posters......
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8