Quick Movie Sets question
I had all my movies in individual folders of their name.

When I discovered Movie Sets I put all movies that belonged in a set in a folder for that set.

Now I'm finding some sets aren't being displayed. Some don't even show up in a search. I'm guessing it's because each movie is in a folder for that movie and then in a folder for that set.

Is this a bad idea? Should I just dump this scheme and go back to storing in single folders for that movie, only?

I hate when I find something doesn't display correctly.
The folders don't matter. What is or isn't in a set is downloaded from the scraper, by default http://themoviedb.org
As long as the title is scraped into your library it will show in a search, Using sub folders for sets shouldn't have any influence on the scanning procedure as long as scan recursively has been set. It's a neat way to handle sets in their own folders, sometimes scraping can be a pain as the set folder has movie folders and not videos (an exclusion of the folder from future scrapes will save the set folder poster.jpg) and is a perversion of the way XBMC handles sets, as the standard is within the .nfo in the library format. Support for sets in this way might be fleeting. Should you continue to handle the set this way is up to you... I have an entire drive of these 'sets', so we'll both be in the same boat.

Use the add-on 'missing movie viewer' to ensure you have all your films in the library, a search will be 100%

P.S Just because a movie is located in a set folder, doesn't mean it's part of the set (that is normally done with the scraper or manually added with an edit to the .nfo) e.g. So you might have a Hitchcock folder, and within the movie Sabotage, but it's probably not going to scrape as part of the Hitchcock collection but will be scraped into the library.... to add it you would have to do a manual edit.

Sets are a two edged sword.... on one hand if you let the scrapers handle it, you'll find your library well sorted, but when you make a smart playlist, the contents end up containing these sets masking the contents, well I think I've said more than you wanted to know...
More info- movie sets (wiki)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Movie Sets question0