Raspberry Pi RF Remote
Does anyone know of a RF remote (with RF receiver) that will work on a Raspberry Pi?

I'm setting up a Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc in a bedroom (movies on a NAS in another room) and the remote control is intermittently flaky. By flaky I mean the selection will jump rapidly back and forth between two points (say Videos/Files and the power off button) or the keypresses will do nothing. Other times the remote will function normally.

If I move the Raspberry Pi to a different room the remote works as it should! This behavior is not confined to one remote. I've tried 3 different ones (2 with different Flirc receivers and 1 WMC remote with its own IR receiver). The behavior is also not confined to a Raspberry Pi. I set up a Windows8 notebook with XBMC and an IR remote receiver - same intermittent flakiness. I also tried a MS Surface Pro tablet and plugged in a Flirc receiver, same symptom - flakiness in that bedroom, normal operation in other rooms.

I want to try a RF remote instead of the IR ones.
Sounds like something in the bedroom is generating IR noise.
Try turning off any lights, or displays (esp. plasma). Try moving the IR receiver as far away from other equipment as you can and if that is better, then try to determine which device it doesn't like being close to.
My thought also but doesn't seem likely. About the only thing I haven't turned off is the TV. I did try a HDMI computer monitor but didn't think to turn off the TV during the test. I'll also try unplugging things not just turning them off.
I have Xbox1 remote controll to my Wifi-RaspberryPi OpenElec 3.2.4 NAS NFS share Enigma2 VU+ plugin liveTV connected to 15" Eizo DVI. Runs perfectly.
Dune HD QWERTY
a X10 remote (there are different (cheap) brands should work fine with OpenELEC and are RF
greetings, Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi RF Remote0