• 8(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
Thanks Memphiz.

While the latest official release (XBMC 13.2 Gotham – beta 1) still gives me the same problems (accelerated and distorted audio) your test build works much better. I did notice, however, that with some video files the playback seems a bit slow (talk shows sound slowed down/pitched down a bit). Is there any way I can document this properly? It probably won't show in the debug log, will it?
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to confirm - If I configure all audio formats to be decoded by XBMC (no bitstream whatsoever), then play a DTS-MA file - will the HD audio component be decoded to LPCM or is it only the lossy DTS core which is decoded to LPCM?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I didn't see mention of that in the previous 8 pages.
XBMC can only decode the lossy DTS core within the DTS-HD, however as the DTS core is always the Max rate of 1500kbps then you may not notice a great deal of difference.
I'm in a similar boat. 12.3 is fine. Everything after runs very fast. I have a Universal Audio Apollo interface set to 44.1K. I'm just stepping into this conversation. I'll try to furnish logs soon as time permits me to run tests.
Try the next nightly tomorrow and reselect your audio device. With a bit of luck we catched the problem current versions had with special audio hardware ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Fwiw, everything seems to be working okay now with 14.0 rc3 on my Metric Halo 2882. Thanks Memphiz and everyone working on this.
Hm, sorry - premature celebration. mkv Files still sound slowed / pitched down a fair bit.
(2014-08-01, 09:26)jjd-uk Wrote: XBMC can only decode the lossy DTS core within the DTS-HD, however as the DTS core is always the Max rate of 1500kbps then you may not notice a great deal of difference.
So XBMC/Kodi cannot decode DTSHD and stream as LPCM? And there is no chance for this in the future either.

Got confused with the post on first page. I guess the quote bellow does not include DTS HD. Which makes sense because I tried decoding everything with XBMC and it decoded only the core DTS to LPCM.
Quote:This isn't really a problem though - XBMC will simply decode these formats and pass them losslessly as LPCM to your receiver anyway.
Still in the same boat. XBMC 12.3 is fine. Every subsequent version of XBMC and Kodi plays all videos extremely fast. I have a Universal Audio Apollo interface.

Bug reported with log attached. #15874

UPDATE: I am happy to say that the issue has been resolved on my Apollo interface with kodi-20150313-74f6018-osx_ae_32channel-x86_64.dmg. My deep thanks goes to Memphiz for the quick turnaround on this problem, once I was able to supply log files for review. Sounds like the fix will be included in future updates. I am ecstatic!
Yeah, I still get decelerated playback on my Metric Halo 2882 – and now 12.3 has started crashing. Ah well... Sad
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1