• 3(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
Ok. I had an another issue with refresh rate switching which is that audio is slightly out of sync. The thread is on the OSX section as it happens, or did happen with nightly builds too.

I'll try to test the standard nightly build tomorrow and post the findings to the other thread. To tell you the truth i already forgot this i was having this issue, so it might be already gone or i'm already used to it being out of sync.
Right, just when i was about to watch something this issue happened again. Devices had gone to sleep little bit earlier, don't know at which order.

Disabling refresh rate switching did not help. What did was i switched audio output to builtin output (Mac mini's speaker?) in XBMC, restarted, started playing something and the sound was coming through the receiver and it reported it was receiving passthrough signal. Big Grin

Switched back to HDMI and it was still good and working.

The receiver is set as default output device in OSX, don't know if that makes any difference.

Or did you mean that disabling switching while everything is working prevents this issue from happening?
1. Please don't focus on current nightly builds as the old audio engine for osx will be gone in some days (we focus on the new code we are discussing here Wink ).
2. I ment that the issue with no sound after startup can be fixed by disabling refresh rate adaption (just for now - the real fix will be there once we merge the new audio code into mainline - as said targetted for this week)
3. The out of sync thingy with refresh rate adaption is something i need to try once the code is in. (in old audio engine refreshrate adaption didn't work at all for me - after the display switched i lost my complete hdmi audio everytime - thats why i never was able to use it with the old audioengine).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Disabling refresh rate does not seem to work. Audio is often gone when resuming from standby. Only fix is to cycle the audio outputs and restart XBMC in between.

I too had the issue with no audio when the option was enabled. Fix was to set it to pause for 0.1 seconds, or any value above that.

I can post more logs if they help or i can wait for the merge and the latest commits and to see if it's any different.
Shoot, I don't know how I could have missed this. Memphiz, are you good now or need more testers? I can do this tonight.
Is this code merged back into the main branch yet?
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
It's merged into mainline now, yes. Nightlies from tonight onwards will contain the code.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome! Thanks.
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
Thumbs Up 
THANK YOU!!!!! Finally a version of Frodo that the sound/passthrough actually works (for me anyway) with digital out. Not to mention there is no more video stuttering when trying to play movies in either DD or DTS!

FLAC 5.1 audio in 10-bit mkv files (anime) still crash XBMC instantly. AAC 5.1 10-bit mkv files work great.

System:
OS X 10.9.1
i7 3770K
GA-Z77X-UD5H with Realtek ALC898
Radeon HD 7950
It isn't Frodo. If you have a file that crashes XBMC, then you need to supply a sample for reproduction purposes. Nothing gets fixed that can't be reproduced.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What about IOS (atv2)? Will the IOS builds use the new engine too ?

UPDATE: just checked, and, YES - it works on my sons iPad. YEEPPEEE! time to upgrade my atv2 (im still running eden on it). thanks, guys!
yes
Just tried out the latest nightly for OSX. I've been having problems with pass through audio and syncing the display to the refresh rate of the video but this is all working well now.
Mac Mini early 2009 - OSX 10.9.1 - xbmc-20140224-8858509-master-x86_64.dmg 25-Feb-2014
120 GB SSD, 8 GB DDR RAM, 2ghz Core 2 Duo, Nvidia geforce 9400 256 mb ram.
Connected to the TV with HDMI and optical out to a Logitech Z5500 DTS, THX, Dolby enabled system.

Video/Image works like a charm.
Audio is a mixed experience. ACC 2.0 and 5.1 channel, MP3, Dolby True HD does not work. no sound.
Audio with DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital works like a charm.

Settings default and changed here:
x Enable Passthrough
x Dolby Digital AC3 Receiver
x Dolby Digital
x DTS

havent got the time to logg and so on yet. will get back to that one.
(2014-02-25, 17:41)ater Wrote: Audio with DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital works like a charm.

Are you sure of that? I'd be the first one I ever see doing that. Huh
(2014-02-25, 17:46)wojeda Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 17:41)ater Wrote: Audio with DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital works like a charm.

Are you sure of that? I'd be the first one I ever see doing that. Huh

XBMC reports that the file does use this. i can open it in VLC later and double check
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1