iOS immediate shutdown
I am having a problem. It seems that the first time I run my compiled version of XBMC on the iPad, everything seems fine. When I exit out of the app and then restart the app, it closes down immediately. I was able to copy the following log file off the device using iTunes.

Can someone identify any problems in the log:

http://pastebin.com/rnwgy1Vm

The only errors that I see are related to JSON and the PVR addon. I don't see why the app is closing down immediately.

Also, is there any kind of equivalent to logcat in Xcode and iOS?
I can run XBMC when my iPad is connected to my laptop by using the Product->PerformAction->Run Without Building command. But when I tap on the icon on the iPad, XBMC just shuts down immediately. I enabled debug logging from within XBMC. Then I tried starting it again by tapping the icon. I was able to collect this log:

http://pastebin.com/ZWVj0JB2

It is unclear to me what the problem is.
I think you want the support forum, not development.
@Tomkun no - he is compiling by hisself - development is the correct forum.

@rmcore enable debugging and post a new log - or just tell your debugger to debug the process XBMC of your device before tapping the XBMC icon - this should show the crash in xcode then and you can debug it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

Thanks. I am new to Mac and iOS development.

I needed to use the Xcode Organizer. Then I can see my iPad. Then I can see the console.

I also needed to use the google to find out how to see crash reports.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...index.html

From the crash report it looks like iOS is using kill -9 because I have a problem with code signing. I have signed up for the developer program and I want to run the app without jail breaking my iPad. It seems to run fine when launched inside of Xcode but it seems to not run when trying to launch on the device.

Code:
Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL - CODESIGNING)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Triggered by Thread:  0

If anyone can provide tips on how to run a signed version of XBMC, I would appreciate it.

I think this is related to something I did previously in order to get XBMC to compile.

I did this yesterday:

Quote:"/Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py: No such file or directory"
You can solve this by going to the Build Phases tab in Xcode for the ios target and remove the line under code sign.
either edit tools/darwin/support/Codesign.<somtething - can't remember the fileextension> and comment the Lines for the entitlement stuff - or google for that gen_entitlements.py Script and put it where xbmc expects it - also ensure that your Developer certificate is Set as "signing identity" in your Xcode project...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz,

Thanks for the response.

I had deleted the line that runs the Codesign.command under the build phases tab because it was failing due to the fact that I don't have gen_entitlements.py on my system.

I needed to add this script back to the build phases tab. I needed to comment out references to GEN_ENTITLEMENTS.

I am now able to run XBMC by clicking on the icon on my stock iPad.

From what I saw from googling, gen_entitlements.py does not come with the Apple SDK. Apparently it is useful for jailbroken devices. Correct me if I am wrong (all I had was a forum post http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/inde...62296.html to go by).
gen_entitlements.py is a hack to permit building and signing outside of the Apple ecosystem.
Thanks.

It seems that by default the iPad is very locked down.
really? *shakes head*
hahahahaha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS immediate shutdown0