NFO file questions
I had read that to include movies that the scraper does not pick up, I needed to generate an .nfo file. I would like to add special features like gag reels etc from tv series that I have ripped, but the scrapers do not pick these up. I exported my library, & modified one of the .nfo files to match a gag reel. I ran the library update, but it still does not show up. The .nfo file is named exactly like the video file except the extension. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Also, can I delete all the .nfo & .jpg files that were created by the export? Thanks
Sometimes there is work a around, and sometimes the 'special' show is in the database under a special episode. Always check the http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch and see if you can get lucky. I often add my specials as a trailer if it's a movie with the -trailer designation before the scrape, then if you have many... -CD1, -CD2, -CD3 etc... works. Then you can have a slight title change.... scan it, and then rename and change the art. But creating a standalone .nfo isn't too difficult (check the wiki for a template, or mod and existing one).

Yes you can delete the art and .nfo in the folders, there prime use is for a fast local re-scrape. But catch this... using an editor you can mod the .nfo and then scrape locally and your edited info now becomes part of the library. I guess in your example the update didn't know you edited the .nfo.... so you have to manually refresh it locally.
If you go to files then the video you edited the .nfo on then right click/context menu>movie/episode info>refresh you will be prompted that local info exists and should it be ignored, if you answer no it will update from the .nfo file
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO file questions0