hd color change
hey everybody new here with a question. i have a android mx 2 box and when i play a hd movie the color seams to change. like if someone has on a red shirt it will go from red to a little darker red then back like every couple of seconds and only on hd..... standerd definition works fine. any ideas why? thanks
Something like that could be triggered by some TV's "adaptive" contrast settings or other "smart TV" adjustments. Sometimes the slight signal changes from the HDMI connection is enough to cause premature adjustments on the TV. I normally turn those options off on my TV all together, as they almost never actually improve the picture (and sometimes make it worse, as you've discovered). So that would be the first thing I would check, the TV.
(2014-02-08, 10:37)rls7 Wrote: hey everybody new here with a question. i have a android mx 2 box and when i play a hd movie the color seams to change. like if someone has on a red shirt it will go from red to a little darker red then back like every couple of seconds and only on hd..... standerd definition works fine. any ideas why? thanks

Depending on your MX2 (you don't mention who distributed your box) it's a know issue with older FW (eg: Matricom G-Box MX2 1.1.5 and earlier FW).

Basically, it's a "ghosting" issue that affects reds and greens were after some time playing the reds and greens will appear darker or the color will be off due to red/green ghosting.

If there is a FW update for your MX2, updating may solve your issue. If it's a Matricom, update to 1.1.6 and you should not see that issue.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks...... i was told it was a real mx 2 ,but i think its a clone, it just say's mx on the box.....how do i find a update if its a clone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hd color change0