Win library update problem
Hello!

I have had reinstall the last version of XBMC (frodo 12.3) in my windows 7 64bit computer. And I'm encountering a very irritating error... I hope you could help me...

With this frodo version I also installed the official aeon nox skin, and some typical addons (if you need list them, please, ask).

Then, I configured my films library to search for new films in two particular folders, one of them in the local hardrive, and the other one streamed in another computer through LAN (also in a very particular folder).

Well, after that, when I push the botton to update the library, XBMC started searching for films in both destinations, but it also found a lot of extrange videos that there aren´t in those folders. And I don´t know from where they are taking... I have done a deep search in those folders, and I don´t have any kind of videos like those. They are some stupid videos that I don´t recognize and they don´t have any sense in my computer.

I also tried to deactivate the video application addons, to make sure that any addon was affecting the library. But they continued being found...

Does anyone knows what is happening??

Thank you very much. Regards.
You didn't mention what issue you had that precipitated your re-installation. It's not clear how you re-installed (just click on the install, or did you delete all folders prior?) are you coming from Eden, or is this a Frodo on top of Frodo. Confluence is the official skin, all the rest are skins and when having issues you should run Confluence. Add-ons are always suspect, best to disable until the issue is resolved. Here's a link that will help http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

There's a few things that can cause what you describe, a corrupt library, badly named files are now scrape improperly, wide sources scraping system files, Rar achives with odd internals and more. Looking at one of the spurious files in information, you should see a path which can lead you to corrupt or improperly scraped videos, you can either manually delete the offender or re-scrape manually. If the path doesn't make sense then you most likely have a corrupt library, and a re-build is in order.

Suggestion:

1) delete or rename C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
2) delete or rename C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

re-install Frodo 12.3 plug in 1 source, scrape (hopefull it will be a local scrape) test the program.... look for odd files, build from that point. Watch out for those add-ons.
(2014-02-08, 19:54)PatK Wrote: You didn't mention what issue you had that precipitated your re-installation. It's not clear how you re-installed (just click on the install, or did you delete all folders prior?) are you coming from Eden, or is this a Frodo on top of Frodo. Confluence is the official skin, all the rest are skins and when having issues you should run Confluence. Add-ons are always suspect, best to disable until the issue is resolved. Here's a link that will help http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

There's a few things that can cause what you describe, a corrupt library, badly named files are now scrape improperly, wide sources scraping system files, Rar achives with odd internals and more. Looking at one of the spurious files in information, you should see a path which can lead you to corrupt or improperly scraped videos, you can either manually delete the offender or re-scrape manually. If the path doesn't make sense then you most likely have a corrupt library, and a re-build is in order.

Suggestion:

re-install Frodo 12.3 plug in 1 source, scrape (hopefull it will be a local scrape) test the program.... look for odd files, build from that point. Watch out for those add-ons.

Thank you very much for your help Patk, I am going to try what you advice.

I reinstall the XBMC becasue I downloaded a version that gather a collection of addons and repositories. The fact is that the computer where I installed the xbmc isn´t a supercomputer precisely... So the XBMC work really slow, and with a lot of addons updates that frustate the experience.
Yes go back to a stock XBMC set-up, it's plenty quick even for Raspberry Pi (of course there is a special build for it). I know the streaming add-ons look attractive, but they're more puff & bluff than you can believe and you will be disappointed. Stick to a few add-ons and be careful of add-ons that do not come from the official XBMC repository, some are a one way ticket that can not be undone without a complete re-installation.

You might consider two installations, one for streams, and one stable for your HT experience.... Setting up a batch file to rename these versions could be done, and you end up with a kind of back-up version.
Thank you very much again!

Finally I correct it. I don´t where was the problem. I have uninstall and check in the directories you told me if there was any archive pending. Then I have reinstall frodo 12.3 and configure almost everything with Confluence skin. Finally, I change to Aeon nox, and it works!

So, very happy with the result Smile
Come back to this thread each time you have issues... nothing works better than a clean slate!

Suggestion:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library update problem0