Movie playback stops
Hi everyone,

I am having the weirdest problem....after using XBMC for quite some time, I am now not able to playback movies as they stop playing after about 30 minutes. The are bluray rips from 2 different drives.

This is happening at 30 minutes 3 seconds on one movie and at another point on another movie. The movies always played before satisfactorily. I have checkdisk'd the drives as they are on two different drives and found no issues.

I believe this may have started from a recent Windows update, but I can't seem to pin it down. I have systematically removed the updates one by one followed by a reboot and the problem still exists.

I finally uninstalled XBMC 12.2 (Windows) and installed 12.3 while maintaining the profile and I have the same results.

I believe this may be coming from Windows and not XBMC, but I can't find anything wrong. Device Manager doesn't show any issues either.

Has anybody seen anything like this in their system?
I have the log file I recorded after moving the movie to the next chapter and then watching it fail after a few minutes...how do you insert it into the postHuh[/code]

Thanks in advance,

CN
I note in your issue of the time 30 minutes 3 seconds on one movie, so the question I have is does it stop at that exact spot all the time, is it a freeze or does it just default back to the last window prior to play? Reason could be you've developed an error, that doesn't allow the software to continue... did you try and jump past this spot? (this kind of error can be cause by a bad copy, or HD going sour).

Re-installing to a different version usually clears up XBMC issues, so I'm suspecting an O/S glitch.

This will help you post to a pastebin and link back to a message. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Suggestion: Grab a copy of VLC and see it the file will play through.
It stops at exactly the same spot...I've tried removing and reinstalling XBMC with and without user data folder and I get the exact same problem.

I thought it was in my OS as I tried a different movie and it aborted as well...not sure if it was at the same time period though.

Out of desperation, I refreshed my system and have just reloaded XBMC 12.3 and tried the same file....incredibly, I got the same result.

I downloaded VLC and started the file about 2 minutes prior to the stop point and it hit the same point and jumped to 1:26 minutes. I"m going to re-encode the file and see what happens....

CN
Looks like it's in the file..
Yep...a re-encode worked.

Thanks for the advice,

CN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie playback stops0