Scan database doesn't update the cache Thumbnails
Hi,

I update a poster.jpg file or a nfo file. I replace the old file by new file (via SSH/FTP/...)

After, I launch the VideoScan in the GUI interface . I try to scan with jdonrpc too. (curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "tquille_ID_01"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:80/jsonrpc)

The scan works, but XBMC doesn't update because the files are same name.
And when i display the jacket, XBMC take the cache of poster.jpg in the Thumbnails. Then it's not good beacause in the cahce, it's the old file.

Can you help me ?

Regards

Christophe,
Browse you movies that you've updated.
Wait 'till tomorrow.
Do it again. Voila!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you, I try it.

If i understand, the cache have a TTL (Time to live). You said the the TTL is 24 hours.
Where I can modify this time ? For sample, i would like a cache with 1 hour.

For the NFO file, it's the same solution ?

Regards,
NFO file updates are captured by refreshing the show. Only art auto-updates.

You can alter the timeout in the database (Textures*.db) directly per-texture if you wish, else alter the overall timeout in the sources. See TextureDatabase.cpp/TextureCache.cpp
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you Jmarshall.

I waited and art files were auto-updates. It's work as you said it Smile

Thanks for the good infomations about modification of Timeout cache value

About the nfo, you said to me to refresh (manualy), but i search solution for auto-update.
VideoLibrary.Scan not update nfo, do you know a solution ?

Regards
If you want to force a cache update, see script in sig. Can also be used to automatically refresh movies/episodes with updated NFOs (set @qa.nfo.refresh property when running the qa/qax option).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you MilhouseVH, I will try this evening Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan database doesn't update the cache Thumbnails0