New build opinions
Howdy folks. Have been faffing about looking at different options for my htpc build for ages now but I have decided that I am gonna pull the trigger very soon so I was hoping to get some opinions from you kind folks
Wants/needs:
Play 5-10Gig Mkv/MP4s from wired mircoserver nas
play HD Netflix
Want to install XBMC, Plex and Mediaportal and thoroughly test them all to see which one gets the final thumbs up from the boss.
Play BluRay ISO
Play 3d
Possibly some light gaming (Emulator Roms only)
Would like to run windows 8 and boot straight into the metro start screen and just have tiles for web browser/plex/xbmc/mediaportal/emulator etc which can be navigated and selected with a remote control, havent used windows 8 yet so dont know if this is possible.

The build that I am hoping to go for is as follows:
CPU - Haswell i3 4330 €112.45
Motherboard - Asrock Mitx H81M €56.69
RAM - GSkill 4 GB 35.75
OS Drive - Samsung 120 GB SSD €74.99
Case - Lian Li €122.71
Shipping and construction costs - €25
Total build cost - €430
I reckon it would cost me roughly this to get a new haswell nuc with msata ssd and RAM so I think my build is a better option as it offers the opportunity for a little expansion if required down the line.

I think I have mentioned everything I need to, mainly want to get feedback from experienced builders on here as this will be my first build (Although if I end up getting everything from harwareverserand I will probably just give them the €5 to build it for me)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build opinions0