Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please
Hi. @devilshura thanks for the info posted but I don't understand what you mean at times. Can you explain step by step what you did to get it as your screenshots?

First as many I have concerts in separate folder so should I... Add new video section "concerts" then create a smart playlist (as by default after scrapped the concerts with TMDB videos aren't displayed within Concerts menu in MQ5) for concerts as in your screenshot, right? after that I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

Edit: disregard, I figured it out
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I have gone the route of manually changing my concert files because I never could get a scraper to work. Question please – does changing the content of a folder do anything if the folder is set to scan NFOs locally? I’m trying to get my Concert folder to link to “concerts” on the main screen and I thought changing the content to “music video” might work.

Which leads to a 2nd question. Do I need to do anything special to get the NFOs that I create to be read? I played around with how I labeled them when I save them, but XBMC seems to only want to read the folder name. I have “use folder names for look ups” unchecked.

I have added the posters for my concert collection and XBMC is displaying them, but it is not displaying much else, such as fan art. I feel like I have something checked off incorrectly.
You do need to set you source to music video to get the concert menu views. fanart.jpg and folder.jpg (or png) in the same folder as the media file should be picked up. I think mediafilename-poster.jpg and mediafilename-fanart.jpg should also work. Music video has the concept of "Artist", but the art for artists comes from the music library. It also has the concept of "Album", but there isn't any way to set art for the album.

Like all video the option to capture a frame that will be used as the media file thumb is available.

scott s.
So I have made some progress with the fanart. As mentioned I can see my posters. I can now see some of my fanart when I label it simply as fanart. I swear I had it this way before but... The fanart shows up in Aeon but does not show in Confluence. Not a big deal. But how do I get my concert screen to more like what Devilshura's??

Right now I'm in list view and will see my poster as a cd on the right of the list. Very dark but in the background I can see my fanart pan around, but not clearly. I tried most of the switches but see little change. I have default fanart and extra off, and reserve is on.

I don't know how to take a screen shot that shows what I currently have.
hi - all,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light.

I have recently upgraded to Gotham 13.2 and am try to add files with content contains 'Music Videos' and then scrape using 'Local Information Only' (my NFO's)

However when I run this nothing gets scraped at all and nothing appears under my 'Concerts' menu using Aeon MQ5

If I try to scrape using 'TheAudioDB.com' (default scraper for Music Videos) under Gotham - it scrapes 1 out of my 60 or so concerts.

I have all the necessary nfos and poster/fanart so really want to understand why it is not scraping using my NFOs.

example nfo:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<musicvideo>
    <title>Coldplay - Live At The BBC (2008)</title>
    <artist>Coldplay</artist>
    <album>Coldplay - Live At The BBC (2008)</album>
    <id></id>
    <tmdbid></tmdbid>
    <rating>9</rating>
    <year>2008</year>
    <plot>Coldplay showcased several tracks from their new album in an open air concert at the BBC Television Center in London.

01 Violet Hill
02 Clocks
03 In My Place
04 Viva La Vida
05 42
06 Trouble
07 Lost!
08 Yellow
09 Fix You - 21.00
10 Lovers in Japan</plot>
    <outline>Coldplay showcased several tracks from their new album in an open air concert at the BBC Television Center in London.

01 Violet Hill
02 Clocks
03 In My Place
04 Viva La Vida
05 42
06 Trouble
07 Lost!
08 Yellow
09 Fix You - 21.00
10 Lovers in Japan</outline>
    <tagline></tagline>
    <runtime>44</runtime>
    <mpaa></mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <lastplayed></lastplayed>
    <trailer></trailer>
    <watched>false</watched>
    <fanart/>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <aspect>1.818</aspect>
                <codec>27</codec>
                <durationinseconds>1815</durationinseconds>
                <height>1080</height>
                <scantype>MBAFF</scantype>
                <width>1440</width>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <channels>2</channels>
                <codec>MPA1L2</codec>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</musicvideo>

Thanks in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

litfoo, choose local information only scraper, if you have nfo files.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-09-12, 00:10)Wanilton Wrote: litfoo, choose local information only scraper, if you have nfo files.

Thanks Wanilton.

However, that's exactly what I did and it seemed to ignore all my nfos completely.
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Sorted it - I needed to scan recursively to pick up my nfos

Question - what is it about the default 'Concerts' menu that comes as standard with MQ5 that it lists/shows the music videos / concerts?

yes, music videos = concerts.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Just so everyone is aware of this, but several of the Bugs I've mentioned in the past regarding Music Videos, will be fixed with Kodi 15.

Check out this thread for details...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231171
(2015-07-07, 22:18)Powerhouse Wrote: Just so everyone is aware of this, but several of the Bugs I've mentioned in the past regarding Music Videos, will be fixed with Kodi 15.

Check out this thread for details...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231171

Thanks for keeping on that. I've been busy on the skin and haven't used Kodi 15 except with my test sources. I didn't realize music video artists was broken like that. I don't understand why the changes in the video db were made so I don't know what all needs to be tested. I think I will scan in my production sources and throw in some addons to really work out 15.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please0