XBMC mirroring
bear with me if this is something that is covered elsewhere..but i've been searching these threads and googling and i can't find something that does what i want it to do

I have an HTPC running xbmc (windows..but xbmc is booting as shell)...I was wondering if it was possible to have whatever is playing on the htpc/xbmc to my android?
it can be on the same network...if it's possible on the same network or not, even better..but same network is best

controling it would be even better....like a remote pc feature, when you connect to your computer, you can control it and see whatever is playing...is it possible to do the same with xbmc?

thanks for the help..
UPnP/Client (wiki) using the "Play with" feature. It even has two-way control, and should work with more than just XBMC.
You can try to find related apps in the Google Play Store... There are several "remote" controlers working via network (not IR) and some of them are able to play the content in stream (UPnP and/or AirPlay). Sometimes these functions are not for free :-(

I have tried "Official XBMC Remote Control" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...oid.remote) but "Yatse, the XBMC Remote" seems to better for me (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...widgetfree).
You can also try other apps and let us know about your choise ;-)
If you have Win8 there is and remote app in the store, which has a free trial.. it can control your XBMC.. im not sure if this is what your looking for..

let us know.
I have yatse..i'm not looking to control xbmc with my android.... i'm looking to have whatever is playing on my htpc with xbmc also play on my android

I think Ned Scott linked me to what i'm looking for..i'll have some time this weekend to play with it...i will let you know if that's what i needed..thanks!

edit: just to be clear..in the UPnP scenario..i share library from my HTPC...install xbmc on my android and play the librayr from my xbmc on android? if i'm reading correctly...
Yatse can play media on your android device.
yes..yatse can..but only on the same wifi network (i get the error saying "you are in the same wifi network"..)..i know i originally asked for same network... but is this possible to do not the same network?

thanks!
Either you need to use a media server that publishes your media on the internet, or make a virtual private network connecting your remote location to your home location.

In both cases speeds will be dependant on your internet upload speeds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC mirroring0