Startup on TV shows instead of movies
Usually when I start XBMC, it starts up on TV Shows menu item. Other times, it starts up on Movies menu item.

Using default confluence theme on Mac OSX 10.9.1 with v13.0 8Feb nightly

I've already set the option "skin-> startup window" to "tv" and also "home window" but nothing makes a difference. It's never seemed to work for me since v11.

Is there a way to force it to start on TV?
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
Do you mean to start up the window itself on TV, or make it so that the button is highlighted from the home screen? I'm guessing you want the window itself. The "startup window" option in skin settings should make it start up in a different window, like TV, so I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. Hmm.
(2014-02-11, 16:26)Ned Scott Wrote: Do you mean to start up the window itself on TV, or make it so that the button is highlighted from the home screen? I'm guessing you want the window itself. The "startup window" option in skin settings should make it start up in a different window, like TV, so I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. Hmm.

It starts XBMC with the menu "movies" or "tv shows" highlighted usually.

I'd be happy with just the "TV Shows" button highlighted. Because it shows "recently added" in the 4 boxes above - what I want.

But when XBMC starts up, sometimes the cursor races through many of the menus - (just highlights - say from TV Shows, to Movies, and over to System, then back to Movies - all in about 1 second) Of course, when it "highlights", it's really also showing the "recently added" above it - so those flash as well. It doesn't actually "open" the TV Shows or Movies, which would show me my A-Z listings... never does that. Even if I tell it to start on "TV Shows".

It's never worked. And I've never seen a pattern.

I've included the debug... let me know what else you need from me to determine the problem - if it's a bug or not. For now, I have left it on "home screen". But like I said, it could settle on "movies" or "tv shows" - and then I have to rt-arrow to the tv shows to see what was recently added.
correction: I'd say that more often than not, it starts up on "Movies" highlighted, not "Tv Shows". I just restarted XBMC 10 times, and every time except 1 it started on "movies". The other time it started on "tv shows". But other times, (not in this test) it has moved itself through several menus all by itself before landing on either movies or tvshows
I'm not seeing the link to the debug log you said you included?
oops...

OS X 10.9.1 on an iMac 2012
XBMC latest nightly: 13.0-alpha12 git 20140208
debug log: http://pastebin.com/CAf2m5xj

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup on TV shows instead of movies0