Control TV via Viewsat set-top-box
we may finally have an answere for being able to watch tv from our xbmc via a viewsat box, i'm pretty sure the xbmc creator gods can get this to work anyway here's an anouncment that was made by viewsat

viewsat launches internet tv

viewsat has been very successful and innovative since launching their first set top
box back in may 2005. as the new year gets underway, they are first again with another innovation for their set top box. viewsat internet tv is now available! similar to "slingbox", this combination of software and their own p.c.i. capture card allows total control of your viewsat reciever from a remote location. simply install the capture card with the provided driver in your p.c. and install the "viewsat internet tv"software.connect the p.c. to the s.t.b. via rs232 null modem cable and start the software in host mode. leave your viewsat reciever on and you can then go to a friends house,hotel room or other remote location and run the "viewsat internet tv"software in remote mode to log into the host. you can now watch tv and change channels from your remote location. you may even choose to capture live video and burn c.v.d's or d.v.d.'s! thanks viewsat for another remarkable innovation! the firt shipment has just arrived and the website will be updated with more details soon. you will also be pleased to know that containers of viewsatplatnums are arriving and engineers are finishing the software for the p.v.r to be released
later this month.

i know this is already possible with the dreambox but that box costs way to much. this won't.
thanks for the advertisement... whoopie freak'n doo!

can do the same darn thing with fta for a long while using pci dvb cards.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control TV via Viewsat set-top-box0