Release ESO Videos Add-on for XBMC.
Video 
Hi,

I have made a video add-on called ESO Videos to watch the space videos provided by the ESO web site.

ESO, the European Southern Observatory, is the foremost intergovernmental astronomy organisation in Europe and the world's most productive astronomical observatory. ESO provides state-of-the-art research facilities to astronomers and is supported by Austria, Belgium, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Several other countries have expressed an interest in membership.

ESO's main mission, laid down in the 1962 Convention, is to provide state-of-the-art research facilities to astronomers and astrophysicists, allowing them to conduct front-line science in the best conditions (source: http://www.eso.org/public/about-eso/).

I have made this add-on as a complement to the ESA and NASA space video add-ons.

As the videos support several subtitle languages, you must select your preferred language for the subtitles from the XBMC System=>Settings=>Appearance=>International=>Preferred Subtitle language option menu. If the video supports your selected subtitle language from the System menu, you will see the video subtitled in such language. Some videos support up to 18 different subtitled languages. The translation of the videos is made by the community, so if you feel you can contribute with the translation process on your mother language, you can find detailed guidelines here.

More than 2000 videos are available.

Although the video add-on is well tested during developing time on several platforms, I would like to receive some feedback from the community, before let it available into the official repository.

During that time, you can download and install the zip file directly from the GitHub repository using this link plugin.video.eso.zip, following the standard installation way for any zip file add-on. That link will not change along the bug fixes, and can be used to get the latest release until the add-on is finally uploaded to the official repository.

Any comments, suggestions of improvement, and issue notifications would be very welcome. Please use this forum thread for that, and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

If you find any problem and wants to let me know it, please activate the debug logs from the Add-on settings, and post it on this forum thread using a pastebin link.

This thread will be used to provide the official add-on support as well.

Enjoy it!

jamontes
Hi everyone,

From now on, the ESO Videos add-on is available from the official XBMC repository (Frodo & Gotham releases), so you can download and automatically install it from the XBMC Add-ons menu.

Please, use this forum thread for official support, and don't forget to select your preferred language for the subtitles from the XBMC System=>Settings=>Appearance=>International=>Preferred Subtitle language option menu. Any suggestions, issues, or problems detected and reported will be very welcome.

Enjoy it!

jamontes.
Nice addon. There are some great images here.
(2015-05-13, 06:15)learningit Wrote: Nice addon. There are some great images here.

Hi Learningit,

I'm glad to receive some positive feedback for this add-on, specially coming from the author of the Slooh one.

Best regards,

jamontes
No videos are working with Kodi 16 Beta 2

Any chance of fixing this?

Thanks
It works for me on Windows 8 Jarvis Beta 2. There are some great 1080 vids.
(2015-12-03, 04:15)gate1975mlm Wrote: No videos are working with Kodi 16 Beta 2

Any chance of fixing this?

Thanks

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks a lot for let me know about the problem. Actually, the video who was failing was the most recent published on the ESO website (i.e. the first video on the All Videos category video list ordered by date), so in the case of setup the "By rank" order menu setting on the add-on, that would be skipped for a while.

I've taken the chance to review the code in order to fix this and by the way to fix another thing related with the sort filter option, so now the add-on is a little better and hopefully in a few days there would be another release ready to automatically update from the Kodi add-on repositories, as I've just sent the new pull request with the fix to the add-on developer list for the update.

To @Learningit: a thousand thanks for confirm me so fast that the add-on was working fine as usual and nothing was broken due to a website change. Your feedback let me to calm down and focus on the faulty video entry instead of thinking of a severe general problem Blush so i really appreciate your quick answer on this.

Here is when precise information about the problem detected come to be of great value by the developer.

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards,

jamontes
Right now the add-on updated with the fix is available on the official KODI repository (thanks to Martijn).

To gate1975mlm: if you still find any problem with the add-on, please let me know.

Best regards,

jamontes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESO Videos Add-on for XBMC.0