• 8(current)
Release ESPN 3 Fork
peace @MetalChris...

i think it's fine. I have no problem with this.
My only suggestion would be to put the time after the title.

I guess it all comes down to what view you use. Certain views (Skins) give all the information.
I think that's why I didn't put it all in the menu entry.

i think it's a great idea to move back to the ESPN 3 logo. so that people know what they're getting!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-10-30, 00:52)locomot1f Wrote: peace @MetalChris...

i think it's fine. I have no problem with this.
My only suggestion would be to put the time after the title.

I guess it all comes down to what view you use. Certain views (Skins) give all the information.
I think that's why I didn't put it all in the menu entry.

i think it's a great idea to move back to the ESPN 3 logo. so that people know what they're getting!

I never even thought to try any of the other views. But since you mentioned that, I took a look at some of the others and the Media Info view does put everything up there.

I put the time before the title because I was used to seeing it there in the old version of the addon, although I always hated seeing 'EDT' after the time. It's much nicer to have it display local time. I also put the time first because some of the titles are so long the time would get pushed off the edge of the list (although I think the wide list view would prevent that). Of course, it's your addon, so put the time wherever you want, if you want. Smile

I did make one additional tweak to the live events menu. It seems there's a window, I think 30 or 60 minutes, when events appear in the live menu that are not yet live. I just tweaked the menu to display events that are actually live in blue, while the not yet live events remain white.

Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Please upload your default.py with the latest changes you have made. Then I will hopefully get them submitted to the official branch soon.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
@locomot1f

I just finally got around to checking this thread again. When I go to the url you posted (post 90), I get:

<user-verified-media-response xmlns="http://services.bamnetworks.com/media/types/2.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<status-code>-3000</status-code>
</user-verified-media-response>

Not promising. Thanks for all your hard work!
Hey locomot1f, could you pull from my latest git commit and verify that all is working? I merged metalchris' pull request but I should have looked closer, there was something that went very wrong somewhere because his default.py essentially had 2 copies of the script in it. Anyway, I overwrote it with the link to a default.py he gave me, It appears as though all is fine but I am getting script failed whenever I try to play a video. It is something with BeautifulSoup. I deleted everything and pulled the version in the official repos and still have the same problem.

I swear there are different versions of BeautifulSoup being used throughout XBMC/Linux Distros, I have another addon (Creation Today) that will work perfectly fine on one machine and then throw errors referring to BeautifulSoup on another machine. Confused
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Sorry for the headaches Romans. Confused

I'm a complete noob at using git, and it was a lot harder for me to figure out how to get my stuff uploaded there than it was for me to make a few mods to the menus in your addon.

For what it's worth, I've downloaded from your github and installed on my netbook and it's working ok. Just watched some ATP tennis. I'll try it on another machine after work today.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I've installed the .zip on another machine, and while it did throw an error at first, it was a line 220 authstatus error. I edited the affiliateid in my userdata.xml file and all was well. This system is running Gotham 13.2 on Lubuntu 13.10 and my netbook is actually still running Frodo 12.2 on WinXP.

Again, sorry for the headaches. Hope you've had some luck figuring things out on your end.
just pushed the changes to my github. seems like everything is okay. no Errors

haven't seen any LIVE events yet to see the changes. I do like the changes in the Upcoming Events that show the time in the menu entry.

Thanks for leaving the Replay Section the way it is.
Glad to hear it's working for you locomot1f! I'd hate to think my noobness with git has destroyed all the hard work you guys have put into this excellent addon!

I see you have my original blue highlight for the actual live events. At your suggestion, I've changed from blue to a bright white.

Just change line 132 from this:

Code:
ename = '[COLOR=ff0073cf]'+" - ".join((etime, ename))+'[/COLOR]'

to this:

Code:
ename = '[COLOR=ffff5f5f5]'+" - ".join((etime, ename))+'[/COLOR]'

I've made the change on my github, but I'm leary of doing another pull request after what happened to Romans.

Cheers!
@MetalChris,

yeah, it can get a little tricky with pull/ push request. once you get a system of when to do which, it'll be a breeze to make changes.

I'll just pull from your repo, and test it out.

I pulled the latest from @Romans repo, so that one appears to have the blue highlight.
i would assume that it will be okay, since it's just that one change.

i'll try to get to it tomorrow, and get back with you.

oh! should have mentioned, my github is not inline with what i have on my computer.
i have not pushed what I have on my computer to the github online, so I actually do have the white highlight.
i just pushed the changes to my github, so we should all be inline. Big Grin
Hi there.1. Does this addon work on Android? 2. Does it work with VPN or SmartDNS outside USA? Cheers
@Damac10,

1) Not sure. it works like any other plugin, so I would say, it shouldHuh
2) again, not sure. if you can mask the IP, then it should work outside the USA. I think the big question is, will your Internet provider then allow this stream to come through. There have been a lot of issues with certain ISP's and the WatchESPN access.
I would say, if you can get it to work on your web browser -- without having to login, then 95% sure it should work through XBMC.

@MetalChris,
finally got some Live Events, and you're correct. I do still have the blue highlights. Went through and checked out your github.
i see you've got that <<<<<HEAD, line in your code. I left you a comment on your github. not sure what you were trying to do. Seemed like you wanted to hide the original codeHuh
I would just delete that implementation of the code, so just your re-written work is there... does that make sense? then I will fetch it to test.
(2014-11-11, 17:48)locomot1f Wrote: @MetalChris,
finally got some Live Events, and you're correct. I do still have the blue highlights. Went through and checked out your github.
i see you've got that <<<<<HEAD, line in your code. I left you a comment on your github. not sure what you were trying to do. Seemed like you wanted to hide the original codeHuh
I would just delete that implementation of the code, so just your re-written work is there... does that make sense? then I will fetch it to test.

Oh good grief, how the heck did that get in there? I must've really borked something when I uploaded to git. lol

I just took the line off.

Cheers!
(2014-11-11, 17:48)locomot1f Wrote: @Damac10,

1) Not sure. it works like any other plugin, so I would say, it shouldHuh
2) again, not sure. if you can mask the IP, then it should work outside the USA. I think the big question is, will your Internet provider then allow this stream to come through. There have been a lot of issues with certain ISP's and the WatchESPN access.
I would say, if you can get it to work on your web browser -- without having to login, then 95% sure it should work through XBMC.

@MetalChris,

Thanks for feedback.Will check with web browser and my smartdns service. Cheers
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 3 Fork2