• 6(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
(2014-08-11, 10:33)typk Wrote: ...they fully loaded the box with XBMC and addons which makes it easier to plug in and play...

herp ah derp, adderns

You know we specifically ask people to not pre-install XBMC/Kodi modified like that, especially with those specific add-ons? It's not enough that you came to our forum to spam another nameless generic android box seller, but they sling that crap on there too? Go away.
(2014-08-11, 13:09)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 10:33)typk Wrote: ...they fully loaded the box with XBMC and addons which makes it easier to plug in and play...

herp ah derp, adderns

You know we specifically ask people to not pre-install XBMC/Kodi modified like that, especially with those specific add-ons? It's not enough that you came to our forum to spam another nameless generic android box seller, but they sling that crap on there too? Go away.

Wow nice response to a new member that has probably lurked for over 2 years....

Not spam at all, only going off recommendation from a friend. Removed the link as I don't want to promote things you guys don't support.

For the average person that is why they look at these TV boxes, the add ons... Otherwise Plex is going to give XBMC a run for its money.

Whether you like it or not XBMC is heavily used to stream/play pirate content. Whether people use add-ons, downloaded torrents or Usenet sites. For some people having addons that aggregates the content so they can stream it without downloading it is appealing.

With Android TV coming up it will be XBMC vs Plex, XBMC has the Official and 3rd Party add ons on its side.
Quote:Otherwise Plex is going to give XBMC a run for its money

What money? XBMC is developed by people who love the software for their own enjoyment. If 10 people or 10 million people love plex, it does not matter.

XBMC does not support the pirate addons that many of these "fully packed" boxes are sold with. They are not supported here. The developers do not want their asses sued off. If you want support for those addons, find the authors and use their support channels, or the support channels from that Chinese Ebay seller who will not want to know you after the money hit's their piggy bank.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-12, 12:15)nickr Wrote:
Quote:Otherwise Plex is going to give XBMC a run for its money

What money? XBMC is developed by people who love the software for their own enjoyment. If 10 people or 10 million people love plex, it does not matter.

XBMC does not support the pirate addons that many of these "fully packed" boxes are sold with. They are not supported here. The developers do not want their asses sued off. If you want support for those addons, find the authors and use their support channels, or the support channels from that Chinese Ebay seller who will not want to know you after the money hit's their piggy bank.

It's an expression, there is competition out there whether it is free or paid. If people start raving out something else the community will get smaller and so will the amount of developers contributing.

I cannot see this happening any time soon with XBMC/Kodi, but things don't last forever.

Personally I use XBMC for Live TV and my own film collection on my file server. These add ons were unneeded so I am not looking for support.

My original post was to help people who wanted to buy an Android TV box from a UK supplier that does offer after sales support. Letting them deal with the Chinese seller. I literally described the item and how it came, not to promote it.

I personally would rather buy from a seller on my home soil than a site such as geekbuying etc.
We don't care if people use those add-ons. I'm not even saying I'm above such things. However, it causes is real problems when people bundle that content and sell it as a product, because it gives the impression that XBMC explicitly supports (and is mainly for) such add-ons.

Plex would also have issues if people bundled unofficial extensions for pirated content and tightly associated Plex with bootleg content. Hell, Plex is a business, so they'd actually have a good reason to go after people for doing that kind of thing.

In any case, you have my apologies for mistaken you as a spammer. The site was just rather specific and it was your first post, and when that happens it's often someone just trying to push their specific site. My bad.
(2014-08-12, 12:31)Ned Scott Wrote: We don't care if people use those add-ons. I'm not even saying I'm above such things. However, it causes is real problems when people bundle that content and sell it as a product, because it gives the impression that XBMC explicitly supports (and is mainly for) such add-ons.

Plex would also have issues if people bundled unofficial extensions for pirated content and tightly associated Plex with bootleg content. Hell, Plex is a business, so they'd actually have a good reason to go after people for doing that kind of thing.

In any case, you have my apologies for mistaken you as a spammer. The site was just rather specific and it was your first post, and when that happens it's often someone just trying to push their specific site. My bad.

I definitely see that point of view about the addons and have obviously overlooked it.

I can see why anyone would have mistaken me as a spammer, not a particularly good first post so my apologies also.

Anyway back to android TV boxes. Smile
There should be more guides and reviews of TV box, isn't it?
(2014-08-13, 10:28)momo77998 Wrote: There should be more guides and reviews of TV box, isn't it?

Que?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I bought M8 from this guy,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171336179166?ssP...1555.l2649
It works great with XBMC 13.1. But it reboot couple times when i upgraded to Kodi 14.0. So i just stay with the 13.1.any suggestions?
(2014-07-11, 09:51)yaqh Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 09:44)nickr Wrote: Many people here swear by the Intel NUC computers. The 2820 seems pretty popular.

whats is the basic setting to get me running, I know you have buy all the hardware with it.

Actually, many people bought Asus chromebox for xbmc. It is same as intel NUC but cheaper. There are some known issues if you want to install Windows on it, but installing ubuntu is very easy. I have one (Asus chromebox M004U). It has everything except IR/remote. I just use my android phone with Yatse as remote. There is an official xmbc remote app, but yatse works better.
Openelec works well on the chromebox too. There is a thread here with a utility written by Matt Devo - you can then install any linux on the Chromebox.

Asus better than HP. HP noisier and only one RAM slot, or something like that.
i think for a android tv box, first you have to sure the chipset, apps, function. If the one fit your requirements, then it is a good box.
Anyone try this one?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Arab...or-shkmail

I was thinking about getting it
IMO how well a box plays XBMC/Kodi and the associated content is all about the firmware and driver/HW support. Going with a year old popular and well supported box, flashing community based firmware has been the most stable and best performance for me. The new HW is sexy and cool and new but it takes quite a while to iron out the issues in the drivers and then create a stable firmware.

I am watching several of the current gen boxes but the firmware just isn't there yet and still has issues. Those 8-core boxes should outperform any of the 4 core boxes but they don't right now because of the immature driver state.

I personally still recommend and use the Minix X7 because it is well developed and using the MINIX-X7-KitKat-4-4-2-CE-(-Community-Edition-2-1-0-) firmware it is absolutely flawless and fast. I would love the X8 but will have to wait a while for it to start working smoothly.
Ironically I have a Tronsmart T428 which is absolutely identical HW as the Minix X7 and it will not function at all and yet the X7 works flawlessly. Difference is the firmware support as the Tronsmart T428 was abandoned early on by Tronsmart.

Just remember, these boxes come from HARDWARE manufacturers and like was stated in an early post, this isn't WD or Seagate where they have just as much software development as hardware development. The device must be well supported by the SoC manufacturer (Rockchip/Allwinner/AMLogic/etc) PLUS the box manufacturer (Tronsmart/Minix/Beelink/etc).

The worst is an unknown box that was abandoned early and never had the firmware/drivers developed and matured. These will never ever work well despite the underlying hardware included (looking at you Tronsmart T428).

Of course this is just one of many boxes out there that would work but this is my own experience.
(2015-01-21, 20:24)choekstr Wrote: IMO how well a box plays XBMC/Kodi and the associated content is all about the firmware and driver/HW support. Going with a year old popular and well supported box, flashing community based firmware has been the most stable and best performance for me. The new HW is sexy and cool and new but it takes quite a while to iron out the issues in the drivers and then create a stable firmware.

I am watching several of the current gen boxes but the firmware just isn't there yet and still has issues. Those 8-core boxes should outperform any of the 4 core boxes but they don't right now because of the immature driver state.

I personally still recommend and use the Minix X7 because it is well developed and using the MINIX-X7-KitKat-4-4-2-CE-(-Community-Edition-2-1-0-) firmware it is absolutely flawless and fast. I would love the X8 but will have to wait a while for it to start working smoothly.
Ironically I have a Tronsmart T428 which is absolutely identical HW as the Minix X7 and it will not function at all and yet the X7 works flawlessly. Difference is the firmware support as the Tronsmart T428 was abandoned early on by Tronsmart.

Just remember, these boxes come from HARDWARE manufacturers and like was stated in an early post, this isn't WD or Seagate where they have just as much software development as hardware development. The device must be well supported by the SoC manufacturer (Rockchip/Allwinner/AMLogic/etc) PLUS the box manufacturer (Tronsmart/Minix/Beelink/etc).

The worst is an unknown box that was abandoned early and never had the firmware/drivers developed and matured. These will never ever work well despite the underlying hardware included (looking at you Tronsmart T428).

Of course this is just one of many boxes out there that would work but this is my own experience.

Which box has Arabic channels and sports channels like NHL, NBCSN, ESPN and is good in ur opinion? That's what I'm looking for thanks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0