Win Dish Network Hopper Question/Problem with H.264 files
I apologize if this is a dumb question, I tried looking through the FAQ's and forums, but I am not able to find a topic, anyways...
I downloaded and installed xbmc 12.3 Frodo on a Windows 7 PC, loaded all my media files and they all play great on the computer. However when I go to my
living room and access the media player within the Dish Network Hopper only my .mpg files play ... all my new higher quality H.264 / .MP4 /.avi files just spin and quickly skip to the next
file, never loading? Is there a codex/extension/plug-in I need to download? Am I trying to do something that can't be done? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any help would be appreciated .... Thanks in advance
I'm confused. Why would XBMC affect your Dish Network Hopper (I'm not familiar with this device) Are you using the XBMC upnp server? Does your DNH support the files you are trying to play back?
I must admit I'm familiar with a lot of terms...and I'm aware this might not be the proper forms to ask this question ... I don't believe XBMC affects the DNHopper, I just didn't know if there was a setting I was missing (like upping the cache or storage) or a plug-in/add-on that would make these files work/readable. I previously used TVersity and it was a mess with these H.264 files, xbmc handles everything much better on the computer end, but after thinking about it, the problem is probably with the hopper
I just remembered my Blu Ray player could detect media players, loaded it up on there, everything worked beautifully, so yeah, must be a problem with the Hopper. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dish Network Hopper Question/Problem with H.264 files0