Linux Volume setting (passthrough) over virtual com port
Question 
Hello all,

My first post after quite some months of investigating and trying to get to my goal through add-ons, I finally decided to ask the pro's
I am running in circles and can use some feedback from one of the pro's here. Blush

I use:
OpenElec, Generic x86
Connected through USB is a system of UPnP DAC with amplifier system. This is a very new concept where volume level is applied right before exitting amplifier.

What I try to acieve is following:
- all volume level setting stuff in XBMC has to leave the audiostream untouched
- every volume action on remotes and keystrokes on application level need to be passed through to DAC/Amp through virtual COM on USB
- preferably keep user feedback like volume sliders, mute logo
- in future also input settings need tot be passed to DAC/Amp

I have been looking for solutions with plug-ins. This seems a no-go because of how XBMC is set up. But that is based on the knowledge I have so far ocourse.
I found an initiative for an RS232 server on Linux level with a plug-in that could get close. Dbus is used as messagebus. Nice piece of work. But I do not have the time to further examine that direction.
Scripts on keystrokes where a mess because I havent found the way to maximize to 1 call/instance of the script. Result was that I did get the commands on the virtual serial port. Ofcourse the multiple instance problem has to do with my experience. I expect problems on using remotes.
/remote apps

In order to have something that works instead of beautifull I finally decided to get into CoreAudioAE section of code
(/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/CoreAudio/*) to just switch off every action on volume to application or OS.

I found a comparable problem tackled for Android, worked on by amongst others developer Kenomine96. I need to check this one.

- Is there a possibility with build-in functions to achieve what I want?
- Does anyone know a solution through add-ons?
- Is changing CoreAudioAE actions on OS/Applicaton a way to go?
- Is there a way to fool XBMC and set Passthrough on somewhere, so that everything works as usual with a small adjustment on putting commands on serial bus?

Anyway: thanks for a great piece of software!
I hope someone can point me in (a/the) right direction. I really am stuck...

Thanks in advance Smile
Scores

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume setting (passthrough) over virtual com port0