Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend
Just seen that 3.9.2075 is live on http://syno.dierkse.nl/

Gee, I'm tempted but TVH 3.9.1341 has been rock solid for me for months in a dual-LNB SAT>IP setup. So pretty scared to touch it! Any volunteers, who like to report back on the timeshift function? Smile
It's been working so far for me.
OK, thanks, negge.

Is there anything else I should do before upgrading other than backing up the .hts folder? And when I upgrade, I keep the .hts folder for automatic configuration conversion, right?
Pretty much, yes.
haven't seen a upgrade of TvHeadend go bad anyways.

But unfortunately it doens't appear to be working, have to do some more testing to see what actually goes wrong.
Yes, upgrade went well without problems. There even seems to be an automatic backup of the old configuration (no manual backup needed). Very nice updates in the webinterface/functionality too...

I initially had trouble with the timeshift function too, i.e. got stuck in fast forwarding, rewinding did not work at all, etc.
Anyways, found that it works / works WAY better with the following:
* Go here: TVH WebUI: Configuration -> Recording -> Timeshift
* Deselect the On-demand option
* Save configuration
* Try again

Haven't tested too much so far but looks promising! :-)
On-demand basically limits you to pausing and skipping forward since it only starts buffering data once it has to. There's no real reason to keep it selected unless you're seriously low on available disk space for the buffer.
Hi!
I tried OE with VDR and it worked good without any problems. Except the adjustment features for timeshifting, it is not the best, to be clear, MediaPortal timeshifting and recording is so much better and you have lot of configuration options (skip back/ff xx seconds, incremental skipping, that is, pressign back on remote skips 5 s back in buffer, pressing again 15 s, again 30 s, again 3 minutes, etc. and I can adjust how much these values in 5 seconds.)

Now I hear that TVH finally got a proper timeshift support with the latest release. Can you please confirm this? Is skip xx seconds back and ff really working without any problems? I mean, no hanging, other problems? Can the skip back/ff time be adjusted like I described for MediaPortal? If not, what is the default skip time?
I don't need rewind and forward at all, never use that, only skip.

One more question: since I'm on DVB-S2, I got lot of channels. Is it possible to create groups in TVH like News, Sports, Documents, Movies and I can change between these categories quickly in EPG? How is this working?

Many thanks!
You can adjust the amount xbmc skips forward and back in advancedsettings.XML, have a look on the wiki. I've tested TVH 3.9.201, TVH PVR 0.97 and OE 4.21 and timeshift works a great! There was one issue catching up with live TV where the stream would keep pausing. We need a dedicated function in xbmc to do this, so I can press on button and bam I'm live again.
(2014-11-18, 11:13)Morphy99 Wrote: You can adjust the amount xbmc skips forward and back in advancedsettings.XML, have a look on the wiki. I've tested TVH 3.9.201, TVH PVR 0.97 and OE 4.21 and timeshift works a great! There was one issue catching up with live TV where the stream would keep pausing. We need a dedicated function in xbmc to do this, so I can press on button and bam I'm live again.

Many thanks, this does sound promising!
Did you actually test skip back and ff in OE and it works as it should be?By "There was one issue" you mean that it happened once or that this is the one issue you have found?

Thanks!
Haven't got skip forward or back set up on my remote yet. Ffwd and rewind worked ok though. One issue as in the only issue ive found. I haven't done much testing yet I only tried it quickly last night.
Thanks Morphy99
Please check skip back/ff once you will have some time to see if that is working!
maybe with skip you can go back to live tv when you first skip back couple of times and then you skip to live part. Wonder if then live tv resumes or notSmile
Hey guys, I would also really like to have the discussed functionality (skipping while timeshifted).
Unfortunately I can't make it work. I can pause playback and resume - but that's it.
I have a sufficient powerful setup (NUC) running the current OpenELEC (Helix). The TVH version is 3.9.2182 so according to this thread, the skipping should be possible.
I tried skipping/FF with the Kodi Webinterface, the Android Yatse app and a plugged in a Logitech Remote with a USB receiver. Skipping/FF wasn't possible with any of these combinations though.
In the Kodi interface the skipping/FF buttons are also greyed out.
Neither the TVH client addon settings nor the TVH settings running in OE show any options to switch this behaviour on/off.

Can you show me the right direction, how to make it run? Where is my mistake? Could it be an OE thing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Did you enable timeshift support in tvheadend's web interface? You may also have to change your keymap so that the arrow keys actually skip, I can't remember whether that has been changed yet or not.
Like Der Dave, I'm having a similar issue, I've upgrade TVhead to 3.9 and am using Kodi Helix on Ubuntu 14.3 and have enabled time shift on the timeshift tab in TVhead. I've mapped my remote to keyboard F & R for fast forward and rewind. Should I be mapping them to another key?

When I test, I can pause and play ok, but when I try to FF, the video, stutters and then freezes... The only way to then exit is to press stop and start live TV again in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend0