Trouble with some DVDs
Most DVD's play well for me in xbmc, however some of them seem to have alot of trouble in the dvd-menu.
As you can see in the logfiles, I took the following DVD:
libdvdnav: DVD Title: SHERLOCK_HOLMES
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 3C636976

What happens: All trailers play well, the trouble starts when entering the dvd-menu. If I click on an item, it takes ages until the item is selected.
If I start the movie (click on play in the menu), I have to wait ca. 5min until the movie starts. ( I found that out on accident, because I left xbmc alone Wink ) I think it is related to the screensaver, which is about to start .. I saw some frames from the screensaver, before the movie started.
The movie quality and sound is nice, no problem with that.

So I took a try to play the dvd directly in linux, not via XBMC. I used VLC to do so.

Even via VLC, I cannot just straight-forward click on the files of the dvd … this will result in some error-message. However I can type the following to make things work:
Code:
vlc /dev/cdrom
This will give me a working, fast dvd-menu .. and the movie starts and plays without any delay … so it seems to be a xbmc-related problem.

Here the logfiles, and all related info :
VLC Console-Output
XBMC log
Code:
user@mediacenter:~$ uname -a
Linux mediacenter 3.12-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.12.6-2 (2013-12-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Install method of xbmc:
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc
xbmc-version: frodo v12.2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Hi
long shot but maybe missing from your install
Code:
sudo apt-get install libmpeg2-4
(2014-02-13, 22:56)drivesoslow Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
ok, done .. see first post

(2014-02-14, 01:22)Wozza_au Wrote: Hi
long shot but maybe missing from your install
Code:
sudo apt-get install libmpeg2-4
Nope, was already installed and is most recent version, however thanks for the quess!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with some DVDs0