Win NEED HELP i3 Intel NUC HDMI Multichannel audio
Question 
Hello all, I seem to be unable to get windows to recognize my TV as more than 2 channel device. (ps I know my tv can handle more)

Hardware setup:
Haswell i3 Intel NUC (running windows 8.1) ---> hdmi cable-->LG LA556900 tv--> Optical cable --> VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 surround sound

I understand that some TVs don't support this, but I know for a fact that mine does, because it worked just fine when I had Ubuntu installed. My sound bar has an indicator for when a Dolby or DTS signal is received and running this setup under Ubuntu the sound bar did show that it was receiving both Dolby and DTS. However running windows 8.1 and looking at the sound settings it says that my TV is only capable of 2 channel audio. I have all the latest drivers installed. Anyway to force multichannel through?

Any help would be incredible!
Your TV is either passing incorrect EDID information, or Win8 isn't reading it correctly. See this thread about EDID Override on AVSForum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1091403/edid-o...hread/2190
(2014-02-14, 15:09)Dracogt Wrote: Hello all, I seem to be unable to get windows to recognize my TV as more than 2 channel device. (ps I know my tv can handle more)

Hardware setup:
Haswell i3 Intel NUC (running windows 8.1) ---> hdmi cable-->LG LA556900 tv--> Optical cable --> VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 surround sound
Have you make sure that your TV is set to pass through audio? Since your TV can handle only 2.1 sound as stated "Rich, full audio with 2.1 Sound." in the description, it might have decoded audio codec to 2 channel then send it to your surround sound system as 2 channel....

You can try to select 5.1 in Windows control panel and then test the surround sound in the speaker setup to make sure that you can hear sound on all speakers before moving on to XBMC configuration...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEED HELP i3 Intel NUC HDMI Multichannel audio0