setup/hardware advice
Sorry to resurrect a dated thread, but you all are on the path I'm trying with WMC in a VM and using ServerWMC. I'm using Hyper-V on Server2012 R2 and getting up to the initial setup of WMC and failing Live TV setup with this error message " TV Setup - You must set up TV from the Media Center PC. Then, close and restart your Extender session."

I have HDHR Extend, ran HDHR setup, sees my tuners. Ran DCA install (did not have initially in Extras), ran DCA override. When I enter WMC, I only see Recorded TV and live tv setup in that row.

On the Hyper-V side, I have it as a Gen 2 VM, dedicated hard drive, shared virtual switch, 4 cpu, 4096Mb memory non-dynamic. I am 'Connecting' to the VM through the Hyper-V manager on the server itself.

What could be causing the VM to think it's an extender, not a true machine and allow the setup? Thanks in advance!
I've read and re-read your message, and I'm afraid I don't understand your configuration.

(2015-12-17, 00:42)richbutler1 Wrote: Sorry to resurrect a dated thread, but you all are on the path I'm trying with WMC in a VM and using ServerWMC. I'm using Hyper-V on Server2012 R2 and getting up to the initial setup of WMC and failing Live TV setup with this error message " TV Setup - You must set up TV from the Media Center PC. Then, close and restart your Extender session."

I have HDHR Extend, ran HDHR setup, sees my tuners. Ran DCA install (did not have initially in Extras), ran DCA override. When I enter WMC, I only see Recorded TV and live tv setup in that row.

On the Hyper-V side, I have it as a Gen 2 VM, dedicated hard drive, shared virtual switch, 4 cpu, 4096Mb memory non-dynamic. I am 'Connecting' to the VM through the Hyper-V manager on the server itself.

What could be causing the VM to think it's an extender, not a true machine and allow the setup? Thanks in advance!
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
PS: I installed an Nvidia GT240 and updated drivers, still no luck. Not sure if video matters here. I don't need to have live tv from the server, just serverwmc being able to run on the vm/server. I'm really trying to avoid having another pc running in the house since the server is already 24/7
I'll try it this way. Trying to run WMC 8.1 in a Hyper-V VM. During WMC setup, Click 'Live TV Setup'. Fails. Shows error message below. Why?

(2015-12-17, 00:49)advocate99 Wrote: I've read and re-read your message, and I'm afraid I don't understand your configuration.

(2015-12-17, 00:42)richbutler1 Wrote: Sorry to resurrect a dated thread, but you all are on the path I'm trying with WMC in a VM and using ServerWMC. I'm using Hyper-V on Server2012 R2 and getting up to the initial setup of WMC and failing Live TV setup with this error message " TV Setup - You must set up TV from the Media Center PC. Then, close and restart your Extender session."

advocate, PS: My config more streamlined...MS Server 2012 R2, Hyper-V role. Setting up a VM in Hyper-V for a Win 8.1 WMC. The Hyper-V settings for the VM are:Gen 2 VM, dedicated hard drive( called a pass through HD not virtual HD...better performance), using shared virtual switch, dedicating 4 cpu to VM, 4096Mb memory non-dynamic dedicated to VM. For tuners, I used a HD Homerun Extend networked tuner.

Is that clearer? Any advice to finish the WMC setup and overcome the error below is greatly appreciated.

(2015-12-17, 00:49)advocate99 Wrote: I've read and re-read your message, and I'm afraid I don't understand your configuration.

First off, I don't know why you are getting this error. But it really is a wmc problem, not related to serverwmc, so have you tried taking this up on a wmc forum like greenbutton? I think you'll have better luck there, if you don't get any help here.

Another option is to have a look at the wmc installation package for win10 developed on the mdl forum (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ternatives), because I think they have this running directly in server2012 without the use of VM.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup/hardware advice0