Req Adding (multiple) (3D) layers above the playing media (like inAir)
Just had a look at the awesome kickstarter project "inAir", That's an intelligent HDMI cable, which takes the video input and adds layers on top of the video signal (3D and 2D). The idea itself is amazing and I was just thinking: Hey wait, why would I need that device, I already have an HTPC running XMBC. It should be possible to implement such features also in XBMC.

So here are the features that I would like to see in XBMC:
  • Having layers above the video signal (I don't think it's possible yet do have any other overlay dialog, besides the media control. Correct me if I'm wrong)
  • __ Maybe there could be a new addon category called "overlay", which gets the current media information and presents related information to that (e.g. from wikipedia) (this could replace lyrics and subtitle addons)
  • __ It should also be possible to present regular addons in an overlay (e.g. checking your downloads, while watching a movie)
  • Enabling XBMC to present the overlay in different 3D layers (don't possess a 3D TV set, but I'm pretty sure that's awesome)

I have not idea how much work it would be to implement such features. Maybe this would be a good topic for google summer of code.
JDownloader Plugin - Handle JDownloader from within xbmc
RlsBB Plugin - Add links from rlsbb.com to JDownloader/pyLoad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding (multiple) (3D) layers above the playing media (like inAir)0