Video Stutter with auto refresh change
Hi,

I'm having a serious video stutter problem when XBMC changes refresh rate automatically. I have double checked my display device, and the refresh rates looks correct (changed from defualt 60 to 24). However XBMC system info still says the orginal refresh rate 60 before the change. My theory is that XBMC somehow doesn't read the refresh rate correctly from the OS (or graphics driver), and that cause the video being played in some wired FPS. Other players such as PowerDVD 13 and MediaPortal 1.6.0 with auto refresh rate change work fine.
The video stutter I'm experiencing is much worse than playing 24FPS on 60Hz display, it goes fast forward for some frames and then lost drop frames later randomly. It is not related to sound settings (I have tried all combinations), A/V sync and renderer (tried all of them). If I set display in windows to 24 before starting XBMC, the movies are played smoothly.
I've google around for a while, and it is very similar to an issue that was fixed long time ago: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/598
My setup is ATI HD5770 with latest driver, Windows server 2008 R2 OS. I'm pulling my hair now, any help and suggestion is appreciated!
Are you sure it's not the video file itself?

I know you said it works ok in other software on the same PC, but since it behaves normal when you lock the refresh rate at the Windows desktop it leads me to believe that its the file, or perhaps XBMC not detecting the rate correctly. Maybe it's encoded with a variable frame rate and XBMC is having a hard time determining the correct frame rate.

A program like Mediainfo will read the file properties and tell you more about it that may help.

You can try the measurerefreshrate option in advancedsettings.xml to possibly get around the problem.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2014-02-16, 17:59)Jogee Wrote: Are you sure it's not the video file itself?

I know you said it works ok in other software on the same PC, but since it behaves normal when you lock the refresh rate at the Windows desktop it leads me to believe that its the file, or perhaps XBMC not detecting the rate correctly. Maybe it's encoded with a variable frame rate and XBMC is having a hard time determining the correct frame rate.

A program like Mediainfo will read the file properties and tell you more about it that may help.

You can try the measurerefreshrate option in advancedsettings.xml to possibly get around the problem.

Hi, thanks for the reply. It is the exact problem as described in the link I provided - the fake fullscreen gives the problem. True fullscreen works without any problem.This can be easily reproduced in Windows enviroment, but it's not a widely known issue, strange.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stutter with auto refresh change0