Is it possible to use external player ONLY for DVDs and NOT Blu-ray rips?
I have a lot of TV shows on DVD that don't have in-menu subtitles but have Closed-Captioning option embedded (eg. Cheers, Daria). Why don't shows like these have an menu option to turn on subtitles I'll never know.
XBMC does not have a Closed Caption option (that I can see anyway) but my Macbook's built-in DVD player does. I also have Blu-ray rips but XBMC does a great job with those and all Blu-rays that have subtitles have the option in-menu. I have a friend who uses XBMC on her PC and she uses TMT player for all DVDs and Blurays.

But I would only want DVDs to be played with external DVD Player, Blu-rays can continue to be played natively in XBMC. Is there a way to do this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!
Yes, you can look for externalplayer file in her- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-02-16, 01:20)bluray Wrote: Yes, you can look for externalplayer file in her- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup...

Thanks but that looks to be a PC solution, with all PC apps. Any equivalent option for Mac users?
(2014-02-16, 02:01)Jakobkraft Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 01:20)bluray Wrote: Yes, you can look for externalplayer file in her- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup...

Thanks but that looks to be a PC solution, with all PC apps. Any equivalent option for Mac users?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Mac. Can you modify the externalplayer file for Mac?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-02-16, 21:11)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 02:01)Jakobkraft Wrote:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Mac. Can you modify the externalplayer file for Mac?

I tried but it didn't work, sadly. Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to use external player ONLY for DVDs and NOT Blu-ray rips?0