TV show Suggestion
(2014-02-17, 21:51)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 20:21)RockerC Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68476
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185655
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106076

Forum mod merge?

(2014-02-17, 19:37)saitoh183 Wrote: You cannot have sets in TV shows. This would be a nice to have but its not just about XBMC adding it in, you would also need support from the scraper site tvdb.com...which would never happen.
thetvdb.com admins might not add it but maybe themoviedb.org would add it and they have begun to support TV series now too. Submit as request to them first.
problem is that you cant set themoviedb as a tv scraper yet
(2014-02-17, 23:30)saitoh183 Wrote: The tv scraper doesn't use the set tag because the TVscraper is built to use theTVDB API so if TVDB changes the api and adds the set tag, then XBMC could do the same. Dont forget XBMC is a frontend and depends on sites like TVDB and TMDB to populate the library. XBMC a Information retriever not a information creator. People so often confuse this concept and think that the Devs can simply add a functionality because it exist in another part of the program. Smile

The closes you will ever get to doing what u ask is creating Tags (wiki) or creating your own NFO files to put every thing under the same name (which i doubt you want). Even TMDB TV section doesn't have Collections for TV shows, which means even if you were to scrape via TMDB for TV, it wouldn't be possible.
You are correct in stating "what is today", but to get to "what could be" if you should first convince get the themoviedb.org team to add TV Show Collections / Sets to their site and database first, then once that is complete on their side it would be worth adding TV Show Collections / Sets support to XBMC Video Library Database and Skins, and finally add scraping support to the universal scraper as the last piece.

As that way you would not have to add full themoviedb.org TV Show scraper, instead you only have to add the TV Show Collections / Sets scraping part to existing TV Show scrapers.

Like how you can use the IMDb scraper for movies but still scrape posters and movie sets information from other sites than imdb.com

You just have to start somewhere to create more motivation for someone to want to add it to XBMC. Again my suggestion is to first submit TV Show Collections / Sets as a request to http://www.themoviedb.org
I think that I may have found a easier way around all of this. In the side-bar the view options if the developers are willing to add genre as one of the options, all you would have to do is to export the library as individual nfo's and edit the genre down to one and call it whatever you want such as Stargate or Star Trek or Kids, then set the view option to genre and you would then have the genre's' just showing and just add a poster file to the main menu. I know that this sounds like a lot of work but really it isn't like you are having to edit nfo's for each episode, just the tvshow.nfo in each of the tv show folders.
I think that this might be a better or easier way of doing the sets part instead of trying to do sets. I've tested out the genre part under the FILES / LIBRARY / GENRE and it does seperate them out just like sets but you don't have anything else showing up.
Would this be a simpler way to add this to the VIEW Options in TV Shows?:
(2014-02-18, 15:33)kgcaughron Wrote: I think that I may have found a easier way around all of this. In the side-bar the view options if the developers are willing to add genre as one of the options, all you would have to do is to export the library as individual nfo's and edit the genre down to one and call it whatever you want such as Stargate or Star Trek or Kids, then set the view option to genre and you would then have the genre's' just showing and just add a poster file to the main menu. I know that this sounds like a lot of work but really it isn't like you are having to edit nfo's for each episode, just the tvshow.nfo in each of the tv show folders.
I think that this might be a better or easier way of doing the sets part instead of trying to do sets. I've tested out the genre part under the FILES / LIBRARY / GENRE and it does seperate them out just like sets but you don't have anything else showing up.
Would this be a simpler way to add this to the VIEW Options in TV Shows?:

What you are saying is basically what Tags do. Tags create a pre-defined set that you can associate any tvshow to.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2014-02-18, 15:33)kgcaughron Wrote: Would this be a simpler way to add this to the VIEW Options in TV Shows?
No, that would absolutely not simpler by any meaning of the word.

What you are suggesting is that everyone would have to manually add and maintain the tags to their own collection, instead of us just automatically scraping the information from a common online database themoviedb.org which we can all contribute and share. I'm sure we all would rather just type in the information once online on a shared website and have XBMC scrape the metadata.

Otherwise it basically goes against the whole philosophy of collaboration and easy usage of XBMC and wiki based sites like themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com
http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/53054b66925141349e084d2c
Here is the link and the text that I posted on theMovieDB forum site. If someone else will post a request on the TVDB site I will go there and back up the request, if no reply that someone has done this, in two days I'll post the initial message request. I don't know if this thread is in the developers area for requests for upgrades in the software or some things that might be added, but I hope that the moderator will ake this thread aware to the developers that they might be able to answer some of the questions that have been posted.ALSO, TAGS are not supported in TV shows, check your settings.
(2014-02-17, 22:51)PatK Wrote: FYI: Some skins (T! for sure) will allow you to append a movie to a TV series, so it will show up in the TV covers as a movie.

The default xbmc skin also does this very well IIRC
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
TK, that's not what this thread is about. It's about putting multiple shows under one collection similar to how it can be done in the Movie section of XBMC. Some say that tags will do it, but tags are not available in the TV Shows part of XBMC, just the movies part. I tried to tale the xml code in the system\\ library\movies\sets.xml and put it into the TVShows directory and I got something confusing but it might have some promise. It took the first 3 seasons of Star Trek (origional show) and then season 4 through 7 of The Next Generation Show. I wonder if the shows were numbered in absolute without seasons, if by using this it might actually put all of the different series as different seasons, if that would work. Does anyone know if XBMC will see absolute episode numbering? (Star Trek Next Generation_e126_Bla Bla Bla) This type of format?
I think that if the library xml code could be looked at, it might be able to get done if that can be edited by someone that knows how the structure works and how to use that type of coding.
(2014-02-21, 16:24)kgcaughron Wrote: TK, that's not what this thread is about. It's about putting multiple shows under one collection similar to how it can be done in the Movie section of XBMC.
Yes discussion is only about having the same existing "Movie Sets" function for TV Shows as well, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets
(2014-02-21, 16:24)kgcaughron Wrote: TK, that's not what this thread is about. It's about putting multiple shows under one collection similar to how it can be done in the Movie section of XBMC. Some say that tags will do it, but tags are not available in the TV Shows part of XBMC, just the movies part. I tried to tale the xml code in the system\\ library\movies\sets.xml and put it into the TVShows directory and I got something confusing but it might have some promise. It took the first 3 seasons of Star Trek (origional show) and then season 4 through 7 of The Next Generation Show. I wonder if the shows were numbered in absolute without seasons, if by using this it might actually put all of the different series as different seasons, if that would work. Does anyone know if XBMC will see absolute episode numbering? (Star Trek Next Generation_e126_Bla Bla Bla) This type of format?
I think that if the library xml code could be looked at, it might be able to get done if that can be edited by someone that knows how the structure works and how to use that type of coding.

Tags are available in the TV show section just not in the smartplaylist condition section. I have Tags setup for my TV shows that me and wife watch.

Ok saitoh, you say that tags will do what we want, right? Well then if it will create a single Star Trek Collection entry in the TVShows section with the 5 series listed under them, then please by all means post the instructions on how you achieved this. I see no way under the TVShows direct menu that you could take all 5 TVShows and put them under one master collection as it can be done in the Movies Collection sets. I'm going to post a request on the TVDB today and hope that some others will followup and help out.
(2014-02-21, 18:52)kgcaughron Wrote: Ok saitoh,

Also yes for absolute numbers, but you will have to make your own nfo files to support it since TVDB doesnt have any for those series

(2014-02-22, 16:59)poonerboy Wrote: Does anyone know where the best place to go to watch live premiership football?
3pm sat afternoon games.

thanks

Dave's house. His wife gets pissed when you show up unannounced, but whatever man, Dave's cool with it.
(2014-02-22, 16:59)poonerboy Wrote: Does anyone know where the best place to go to watch live premiership football?
3pm sat afternoon games.

thanks

Your local pub is a good place to watch them. Beer and football, best combo ever.
(2014-02-23, 23:06)shanefitzs74 Wrote: can you get the new wwe network on xbmc. it starts Monday night
Only if you bring beer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show Suggestion0