Win MQ 5 sub menu issues
I have been battling this for the better part of the last 48 hours. Have searched this forum and goggled, all answers I found did not help. I would really like to use this skin but if I cannot get sub-menu shortcut icons to show on the main menu I don't think I would be happy with it. I have listed below what I have did thus far and the results I am getting. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Settings > Skin settings > Main menu > Highlight video add ons > circle mouse around rest of items in this column (to keep from higlighting them) to the bottom left of the screen where a square with a left arrow in it appears with the word sub menu beside it (this is invisible until you get the mouse over it). > Click left arrow key and a column with rows labeled empty appear on the left of screen. Also a customization-video screen appears in the center. > Click top row marked empty > move cursor over "Replace this menu with". Another column appears on the right of screen. Continue moving mouse to My Menu 1 in this column > click on it and the empty in the left column changes to My Menu 1. > scroll down to choose video add on in this right column > click on it > this shows all my add ons and I choose the one I want by clicking on it. Its name now replaces the My Menu 1 in the left column. I back out of all this to the main menu > video add ons, There are no short cut icons that show up above the video add ons menu, but if I click arrow down key the add ons I entered show up in text and I can click on them and they work. Can someone tell me how to get the icons to show above the menu line as I have seen in other screenshots.
Thanks in advance.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
I think you are trying to use my menu.

Add my menu as a main menu button, then add all the addons you want to show above this in to its submenu.

I would also suggest using the keyboard when setting up the menus rather than a mouse.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-02-17, 10:08)Samu-rai Wrote: I think you are trying to use my menu.

Add my menu as a main menu button, then add all the addons you want to show above this in to its submenu.

I would also suggest using the keyboard when setting up the menus rather than a mouse.

Ok, I finally got it to show icons. But only in a My Menu. I could not get it to show icons on favorites, games, movies etc. I am assuming there is no way to get icons to show on anything other than a My Menu 1 or 2. Is that correct?
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
@mushoss, work for my menu 1 and 2, smartplaysts, movies, tv shows, live tv, concerts, music, favourites.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-02-18, 00:17)Wanilton Wrote: @mushoss, work for my menu 1 and 2, smartplaysts, movies, tv shows, live tv, concerts, music, favourites.

Wanilton, I think you are saying you can have shortcut icons above any of tbe menus. Can you post a step by step on how to add shortcut icons above the standard menus.
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Other than my menu and favourites, all the other widgets are automatically generated.

For example, movies widgets will show you 'recently added', 'In progress' and 'Random'.

You can't define shortcut 'icons' for these headings.

You need to add items to your favourites, and then these icons will appear above the favourites main menu.

I think you are looking for the skin to act like confluence, but that isn't possible with MQ5.

Samu-rai dateli. Ow='1392711935' Wrote: Other than my menu and favourites, all the other widgets are automatically generated.

For example, movies widgets will show you 'recently added', 'In progress' and 'Random'.

You can't define shortcut 'icons' for these headings.

You need to add items to your favourites, and then these icons will appear above the favourites main menu.

I think you are looking for the skin to act like confluence, but that isn't possible with MQ5.

Thanks Samu-rai. I think i understand now. I will mess around with favorites some more. I dont think i ever got icons to show there.
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
No problem. Let me know if you have anymore issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ 5 sub menu issues0