Android - dim navigation bar
I know it's not possible to switch to complete fullscreen on android 4 lower than 4.4, but it's possible to at least dim the navigation bar as it is shown in the screenshot (just noticed the android gallery dims the navigation bar, and I know moonreader+ does it also):

I think this would be good solution for all those who just want a good out of the box experience without the need for root access and additional tools to get rid of the action bar.
(and as a lot of tablets are not 16:9 a black border is always visible during playback of 16:9 content at bottom and top, so real fullscreen isn't even necessary in this case, just make the navigation bar less distracting )

Thanks in advance!
I would like to second this request!

Many other media players / games I use, already use this function and it does make the bar a lot less distracting. It doesn't require root or anything and it would probably be just one line of code to accomplish this (or perhaps some property when compiling, I'm no Android developer :-) )

Thanks!
(2014-05-02, 17:29)rowdy Wrote: I would like to second this request!

Many other media players / games I use, already use this function and it does make the bar a lot less distracting. It doesn't require root or anything and it would probably be just one line of code to accomplish this (or perhaps some property when compiling, I'm no Android developer :-) )

Thanks!

If you're not a developer then don't presume something is as simple as one line of code, I think this may have been looked at by our Android dev's and it's far from simple to implement.
Well - after searching for this topic for about a minute I think the guessed '1 line' seems to be nearly correct:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/58837...-honeycomb

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11027...s-restarts

No matter where you look - in the end it seems the line
Quote:View rootView = getWindow().getDecorView();
rootView.setSystemUiVisibility(View.STATUS_BAR_HIDDEN);

should do the trick (more or less) - and I know it's 2 lines now Wink

But what I want to say is: I think it's more a question of whether or not you want to implement this feature.

At least it seems to be quite easy.
Are you so certain that those two lines still apply? I'm no developer myself, but I believe those lines were already considered and either didn't work in our case or were no longer supported in later versions of Android.
Great, another armchair coder Smile It's much more difficult that that. You also have to deal with several use cases where the above can fail. In essence, you really need to understand how XBMC works under Android and not assume that XBMC is the typical Android java app. You also have to deal with the fact that most things show up on a google search via stackoverflow tend to work in a specialized cases on phones/tablets but epic fail on set-top-boxes.
As I thought, I seem to remember koying trying to put something together in this area so Immersion mode from KitKat is probably as good as it's going to get.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android - dim navigation bar0