Alternative to atv2
Hi guys,

I've been using my atv2 for 2-3 years now in my living room and its nothing but great to me so far.
Problem now is that it starts getting really slow sometimes and also it has issues with resolutions higher than 720p as you all probably know.

Is there a true alternative to that device that gives me a small, silent, easy to use remote controlled streaming device running xbmc with just a little bit more power for higher resolution content?

And please dont suggest any kind of htpc device. I want something without any fans and not another pc i have to spent hundreds of euros if i want to have it look nice and run silently.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX-NEOX7.html
We have 7 devices on which xbmc is running:

- ATV2 : l iving room
- Android TV Box: bedtoom
- OSX 2 x iMax
- iPad
- Samsung Note 2
- iPhone 4S
- Raspberry PI model B

the ATV2 remains the most user-friendly device, less key presses than on Android needed to get XBMC running. Once it runs, it runs fine on all platforms but for Netflix and XBMC, the ATV2 remains our popular device. the difference 720p and full HD resolution is in most cases hardly visible on a 42"
Thank you both for your answers.

I searched the web already and did not find any device that suits my needs out of the box. I think the atv2 is still the best device for me.

But i will have a look at the raspberry pi now. A colleague lend it to me for testing purposes.

My TV is 46" and i agree you can barely see the difference. But my plans are to upgrade to a 60" display in the next couple of months, if the prices drop a little more Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to atv20