Linux ASUS Xonar U3
Hi.

I have gotten a Lenovo T510 i7 with Display port and all out. Setup XBMCbuntu on a 20GB SSD drive and it is working well. But i have a problem.

I'm looking to also play Music on my XBMC pc via Airplay and not wanting the TV to be on to play Sound.

Have anyone tried the ASUS Xonar U3 USB sound card on XBMCbuntu and made it work with optical? I have not bought it yet and are looking for a USB card with optical out that i can use with XBMCbuntu.
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.p...endor-Asus

should work
(2014-02-18, 12:43)halfe85 Wrote: Hi.

I have gotten a Lenovo T510 i7 with Display port and all out. Setup XBMCbuntu on a 20GB SSD drive and it is working well. But i have a problem.

I'm looking to also play Music on my XBMC pc via Airplay and not wanting the TV to be on to play Sound.

Have anyone tried the ASUS Xonar U3 USB sound card on XBMCbuntu and made it work with optical? I have not bought it yet and are looking for a USB card with optical out that i can use with XBMCbuntu.

Using recent kernels I've been able to use the analog output and input of this card and turn turn the optical out laser on and off. Unfortunately I cannot get sound output via the optical link.
I need help to install this driver..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS Xonar U30