Standalone Video Player For Win/osx/linux
Hey Guys !

I use mostly Xbmc player for tv series, and i use the xbmc subtitles plugin to download subtitles (it's an awesome feature).
Furthermore xbmc reads any format, which is great too. I use it on my ipad.
But i also watch movies and tv series on my pc.
I installed Xbmc player on windows, but it launches in full screen and you have to launch xbmc first, and then choose your movie...
So that's why i use "media player classic home cinema" and i download subtitles seperately...

Here's a thought :

What if i could launch a tiny standalone Xbmc video player (like media player classic or vlc ) when i double click on a video file in windows 7...?
Then it will launch a small window with the video file playing, and i could access all of the nice features i have on xbmc, including xbmc subtitles, sound config etc...i could go fullscreen with a double click etc...
It would be neat, i would always use it instead of mpc or vlc, because i would not have to search for subtitles all the time...
thx for reading...
soopa
(2014-02-18, 15:02)soopajud Wrote: What if i could launch a tiny standalone Xbmc video player (like media player classic or vlc ) when i double click on a video file in windows 7...?
You can by right/click video file, and then use Windows Open With/Choose default program/Always use the selected program options....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
this has been asked already, please use the search if you want to read the full responses. In short from what I recall: either do what Bluray said or stick with real desktop players - XBMC is not meant for that usecase.
(2014-02-18, 17:08)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 15:02)soopajud Wrote: What if i could launch a tiny standalone Xbmc video player (like media player classic or vlc ) when i double click on a video file in windows 7...?
You can by right/click video file, and then use Windows Open With/Choose default program/Always use the selected program options....
i've tried, it's great, thanks !

(2014-02-18, 21:23)da-anda Wrote: this has been asked already, please use the search if you want to read the full responses. In short from what I recall: either do what Bluray said or stick with real desktop players - XBMC is not meant for that usecase.
and it's a pity, cos i'm sure a lot of people would use it to play video and download subtitles on the fly..none of desktop player does that (except mpc i think, but it's not as click friendly as xbmc with subtitles add-on )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Standalone Video Player For Win/osx/linux0