Update Library adds every single entry in the online database
Hello,

I've encountered the same issue as in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168419. But that offered no working solution.
The problem is that when the library is updated(either manually or automatically), pretty much every single movie that's on themoviedb.org and series on thetvdb.com is added to my library. When I look at the information to a movie, the path to the file refers to: videodb://1/2/%entryname%

When I do a "clean library" it deletes all of these entries in the library, and it will again just contain the things I do have on my HDD. That is until I try to update my library again, then all of those false entries will be added again.

Some info:
- I have my library split into a separate folder for series and movies: E:\Series\ and E:\Movies\, and are built up like this :
E:\Movies\%Namethe% (%year%)\%Name%-%year%.%ext% done by CouchPotato
E:\Series\%Seriesnamethe%\Season #\%seriesnamethe% - S%season%E%episode% - %episodename%.%ext% done by Sick Beard

- Scanning for movies is done with the The Movie Database scraper, with recursive scanning disabled, and "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" enabled

- Scanning for series is done with the The TVDB scraper, with both settings disabled.

- I'm using v12.3 Frodo on Windows 7 x64

- It started doing this right after I updated from a v11.x last week.

- Here's my xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/b1NZy9VD

I hope you can help me with this information
This may be very obvious, but make sure you have the content set correctly, that E:\Movies is set as Movies and E:\Series is set as TV.

That's only happened on my third XBMC installation, and that was user error. You can always try a Gotham nightly to see what it does - I've been using them for the last few months and found stability to be very good.

From your path description would these be correct? Example Movie: Avatar, Example TV Show: Lost

E:\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar-2009.extension?
(the hyphen has caused issues for me in the past and I stopped using it years a go as that can be taken by scrappers as part of the movie name, which will cause obvious confusion. Using Avatar (2009).extension would be a far more suitable option.)

E:\Series\Lost\Season 01\Lost - S01E01 - Pilot.extension?
If that's the case then I don't see why it would cause errors. The format I use is \Lost\Season 01\Lost - 1x03 - Pilot.extension
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Those examples are correct. And I have now changed my movies to E:\Movies\%Namethe% (%year%)\%Name% - %year%.%ext%
For example: E:\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar - 2009.mkv
After I did this, I cleaned my library, removing all movies. After that I rescanned, which re-added everything. The funny thing is that the rescan process first added all of the correct movies. And then when I did another update, it went on to add all of the "fakes". Making me have to clean my library again.

Next thing I will try is updating to a nightly. I'll update when I've done so.
I would get rid of the '-' entirely in the movie title. Put the year in brackets, so Avatar - 2009.mkv becomes Avatar (2009).mkv

That should rule out all issues with confusing the scrapers.

So going by your example it would be: E:\Movies\%Namethe% (%year%)\%Name% (%year%).%ext%
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library adds every single entry in the online database0