• 2(current)
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote
WOW, thanks hugepants, it worked great,
the built in cir on my nuc i3 works for the first time.
this remote looks nice, hopefully it will play nice with flirc.
Has any one gotten this thing and tested it? Its already out now, but my gamestop only got one and it sold the first day.
The presale reviews are vague as to the IR capability. They make it sound likr it only controls volume with IR.
Got one but not tested as I'm currently in the office. Will test as soon as I'm at home
(2014-03-12, 13:32)Cassiel Wrote: Got one but not tested as I'm currently in the office. Will test as soon as I'm at home

Nice...

will wait for your input ... Nod
(2014-03-12, 18:47)solamnic Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 13:32)Cassiel Wrote: Got one but not tested as I'm currently in the office. Will test as soon as I'm at home

Nice...

will wait for your input ... Nod

same here, looks like a nice remote!
Bad news… the Xbox One Remote is not using RC6 IR commands…
I got two RC6 compatible receivers, the internal one from my Arctic MC01 and the original USB dongle from Microsoft.

If someone knows how to read the IR commands from the remote this would be extreme helpful and maybe we could use something like Lirc then to get the remote working. Any ideas welcome…
Okay guys... got the remote working! Smile
Proof of concept:

Needs some finetuning and XBMC plugin instead of simple keystrokes, but it works Smile

More info to come (weekend project) Smile
Were you using a regular mce receiver?
aaa nice, so all the buttons are ir?
(2014-03-13, 02:26)Cassiel Wrote: Okay guys... got the remote working! Smile
Prove of concept:

Needs some finetuning and XBMC plugin instead of simple keystrokes, but it works Smile

More info to come (weekend project) Smile

Can it vs used in openelec?
(2014-03-13, 05:25)calev Wrote: Were you using a regular mce receiver?
Yes, but you need an extra service to let the MCE receiver pass signals from other IRs remotes to the system. And as I wrote above: The remote is not RC6 and will not work out of the box. Heavy configuration needed!

(2014-03-13, 05:54)charliebrown Wrote: aaa nice, so all the buttons are ir?
Yes.

(2014-03-13, 07:52)solamnic Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 02:26)Cassiel Wrote: Okay guys... got the remote working! Smile
Prove of concept:

Can it vs used in openelec?
I don't know anything about linux IR capabilities with Flirc or similar software/hardware. I suggest you buy a remote for ~25$ and start hacking just like I did Wink
Thanks Cassiel. I hate event ghost, you saved me 25 dollars.
(2014-03-13, 11:12)Cassiel Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 05:25)calev Wrote: Were you using a regular mce receiver?
Yes, but you need an extra service to let the MCE receiver pass signals from other IRs remotes to the system. And as I wrote above: The remote is not RC6 and will not work out of the box. Heavy configuration needed!
Did you try the registry change contained in the Lifehacker article linked in Post#15?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote1