3D Movie Tagging For Frodo 12.3 ????
Hey There,

I have read a few topics on this and seen some commit data for XBMC 13 but I just want to come out and ask it:

Is there any simple solution for being able to tag 3D Movies as '3D' in 12.3 Frodo? Or should I be waiting for Gothic 13 for 3D support?

I am not sure how far along 13 is and if I should be moving to it yet?

Right now it is a hell of a mess trying to keep 3D and Non-3D Movies organized in the Movie Library so I can quickly find a 3D Movie if I want to.

Thanks for all the help.
If you have your 3D movies in a different directory then your SD,HD Etc... than you can make a "Smart Playlist" which only look's into that directory.
In Gotham, a 3D movie can be played in 2D format, stopping the need to have 2 versions of the same movie (obviously you lose half the quality when playing in 2D).

koajx89 suggestion would not exclude 3D movies from your Movies library, it will just give you a way to access 3D only movies.

I would suggest you have local nfo files for all your 3D movies. Add "3D" as a genre in the file. Create a smart playlist with the genre "3D" and in you movie Library, filter to exclude genre "3D".

Or, easier,

use Gotham, all 3D movies are tagged as such, like HD in Frodo
I've used the naming tag 'Bluray 3DBD' for all my 3D movies, both ISO and MVC MKV. They are all in a separate folder called '3D Bluray Movies' which is scraped into the main movie library with the Universal Scrapper. I then have a custom menu item called '3D Movies' which I use a smart playlist to pull only 3D movies for. This way I can see all my movies in my main movie menu but if I want to find only 3D movies I use that custom menu item .When I scroll through my entire movie library I can see Men in Black, Men in Black II and Men in Black 3 3D all in order but can still find only the 3D version quicker. It works well for me.

I also have custom menu items for Movie Trailers, Cartoon Shorts, Concerts and DVD (for ease of finding).
thanks for the info. I will play around. I am new to customizing menus so I will need to do some playing around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Movie Tagging For Frodo 12.3 ????0