what is the difference between On start/Stop and Always
Hi.

I' m using the parameter Adjust display refresh to match video.

But do someone know the difference between On start/Stop and Always ?

I can't see any information on the wiki.
Always.

Start a movie with 24fps - tv will switch to 24hz. Bring the menu in foreground by hitting the "tab" key on the keyboard (or something similar) - display will switch back to 60hz - movie continues playing in the background.

On start/Stop:

Start a movie with 24fps - tv will switch to 24hz. Bring the menu in foreground by hitting the "tab" key on the keyboard (or something similar) - diplay will stay(!) at 24hz - movie continues playing in the background - gui is rendered at 24fps. Stop playback - NOW the tv will switch back to 60hz.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, that's clear.

By the way, is-there any reason why the XBMC GUI is slower and less responsive when it is set to 24hz, versus 50hz ?
And same question for the add-on (for instance I'm using a french TV Add-on), and the Add-on is slower (for search , list navigation, etc..) when display is set to 24hz versus 50 Hz.
Because we sync rendering to 24hz which gives 24fps only ... thats the whole reason that we added the "start/stop, always" options ... as it depends on the monitor used if the UI is stuttering on 24hz or not...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks !
(2014-02-20, 12:53)Memphiz Wrote: Always.

Start a movie with 24fps - tv will switch to 24hz. Bring the menu in foreground by hitting the "tab" key on the keyboard (or something similar) - display will switch back to 60hz - movie continues playing in the background.

On start/Stop:

Start a movie with 24fps - tv will switch to 24hz. Bring the menu in foreground by hitting the "tab" key on the keyboard (or something similar) - diplay will stay(!) at 24hz - movie continues playing in the background - gui is rendered at 24fps. Stop playback - NOW the tv will switch back to 60hz.

How does it work with a blu-ray containing videos in different frame rate?
For example, the menu part if 60, but the video part is 24?
Exactly the same as Memphiz has already described Huh
(2014-02-21, 11:00)jjd-uk Wrote: Exactly the same as Memphiz has already described Huh

I meant video containing sections with different FPS.
Section 1 in 60P and section 2 in 24P etc. (possible in bluray discs)
(2014-02-21, 11:16)somy Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 11:00)jjd-uk Wrote: Exactly the same as Memphiz has already described Huh

The video will only be encoded at one rate, the menu might run at 60fps but the video files will run at a constant.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Still exactly the same.

Always will ensure it always matches the current refresh rate of the video, and start/stop will only switch to the required refresh rate when playback is started or stopped so while playing back it will remain at a constant refresh rate.
(2014-02-21, 11:38)jjd-uk Wrote:

Still exactly the same.

Always will ensure it always matches the current refresh rate of the video, and start/stop will only switch to the required refresh rate when playback is started or stopped so while playing back it will remain at a constant refresh rate.

OK, thanks for the explain!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what is the difference between On start/Stop and Always0