Win Custom Menu Button/Advanced launcher Problem
Hey guys,

I am having a weird issue with creating a custom main menu button. On my main machine I am running XBMC Frodo with the AEON NOX skin and advanced launcher installed. When I created a new standalone executable (Netflix shortcut for instance) using advanced launcher, I added it as a favorite, plopped it into a "CUSTOM" slot and when I keyed the button from the main menu I see "launching stream" and everything works great.

Now, a friend of mine asked me to setup an XBMC machine for him exactly like my own. For some strange reason when I follow the same method for creating a Netflix shortcut, the main menu button will take me into a "programs" screen when activated and then launch the executable. When you close the Netflix window you are left looking at a blank programs screen, whereas on the main machine it takes you right back to the main menu.

I realize that this is not much of an issue but I cannot for the life of my figure out why it is behaving differently.

I have noticed that on my main machine when I assign a "favorite" item to a "custom" button the function row says "PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.pro.."
When I assign a "favorite" item to a "custom" button on my friend's machine the function row says "ActivateWindow(10001,"plug..."

I have checked the versions and both advanced launcher and XBMC are of the same version on both machines. Why the difference?

P.s.
Sincerely apologize if this is in the wrong place... new to the forums
Now realizing this would have been more appropriate on the add-ons or skins help page....my bad.
It will depend if you are assigning a category (an XBMC folder), a stand-alone launcher (an XBMC item), a file launcher (an XBMC folder) or an item (an XBMC item). By the way, in all this cases, XBMC is not creating the favourite correctly. The way to start any Advanced Launcher category/launcher/item fron an XBMC favourite is by using the command RunPlugin().
Thanks for the reply Angelscry. It doesn't seem that I have any control over what command(function?) that XBMC assigns to the favorite. So, what I am understanding is that it is currently an XBMC problem? I know when looking up the advanced launcher plugin it is currently listed as broken.
(2014-02-23, 19:39)smesj Wrote: Thanks for the reply Angelscry. It doesn't seem that I have any control over what command(function?) that XBMC assigns to the favorite. So, what I am understanding is that it is currently an XBMC problem? I know when looking up the advanced launcher plugin it is currently listed as broken.
That's the favourites script (xbmc/addons/script.favourites) that manage and create scripts under XBMC. To the fact that Advanced Launcher is marked as broken on the XBMC frodo repository... that's not me how put it broken on it. I do not have any control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu Button/Advanced launcher Problem0