• 5(current)
Release Eminence
Wow... This looks absolutely awesome.
The animations are feeling very solid.

The spotlight goes a little fast for reading.
I hope you can extend the design of the spotlight page further in the views. As i do not like the titles below the movie posters.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2014-02-23, 17:05)FREAKJAM Wrote: JM, are u planning to add a low list view? Altho u are not planning any new views, I would love to see a low list one!
Well, he wrote that this won't be a fanart addicted skin, so I don't think so (also I don't see the need for it)
i'm noticing the OSD for video / music settings to adjust things does not show up.

for instance, if I (while watching a show):
click "M", to bring up the menu
click on "Video" to bring up the settings
click on "Brightness" (for example)
there is no display to show me how much I'm adjusting the settings.

not sure if this is something you already know.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
@da-anda
RE: when you scan something in your library, the progress indicator is overlapping any context menu and makes the context menus unreadable in that area
I think it should be fixed now.

RE: you're using an "expensive" busy indicator, i.e. when scanning something into the library. To get the most out of the skin for low power devices you might want to have a look at PR4212
Oh yeah I like that idea better than the rotate animation anyway. On the latest.

RE: I'm not sure if the weather info is finished already, but it seems to miss weather condition icons
It uses weather fanart in the blank spaces. Just have't put the icons in for when weather fanart isn't in use.

RE: suggestion: to simplify the skin even more you probably should hide the "artwork" and "refresh" buttons in info view behind a simple "manage/edit" button
Good idea. I will put this in.

RE: you should add some indicating arrows (like used on spotlight view) to indicate that one can navigate to either the menu or i.e. back to spotlight view. Same with probably a little "down" arrow that indicates that you can manually cycle the items in spotlight (could only be visible once the area is focused)
I've added ones in for navigation back to spotlight. I don't really like it for opening the menu though because its not actually moving to another screen, just opening the menu. I need to figure out a different type of arrow/indicator for this, I want to keep the round circle with arrow inside solely for actual movement.

RE: not sure if it's possible, but can you make the "addons" menu entry show all installed addons or something like that (maybe having subsections)?
Add-ons are tucked away in the settings menu. Once there are customisation options for the home screen this can then be set on a per user basis.

RE: settings look a bit unstructured (the actual settings lists, not the overview menu)
I've made some changes here. Going to try and make it unified across all settings dialogs.

RE the "add/edit source" dialog displayed in same style as the context menu feels a bit awkward in usability - it's not easy for new users to understand what is what (like what's the label of the source and that it can be altered, or that you can add more then one path)
Changed

RE "browse" dialog is wasting a bit much space, seeing only 4 items in the list. Felt a bit hard to navigate that way, maybe use 2 columns to list the entries? Also you ignored the horizontal padding
Good idea. Implemented.

RE: might be nice to have the top left icon/box have the same background color than the main section? Maybe worth a try, no idea if it really looks that nice
imo, it makes it too dark and doesn't contrast enough. This can be changed easily by making a custom colour scheme.

@FREAKJAM
RE JM, are u planning to add a low list view? Altho u are not planning any new views, I would love to see a low list one!
Sorry, nope. It wouldn't really fit in with the design paradigm. All the views have to have the same padding as the spotlight hub section.

@locomot1f
Just haven't skinned DialogSlider.xml yet. I'm guessing that's the culprit.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Like the look of this, I don't run gotham on my main HTPC yet - but I do on my Mac so I'll take a look later this week. Really like Arctic, and it's been my main skin for months now - so I have high expectations of this Big Grin
Noticed a minor thing... On the clock you have the AM/PM indicator at the end in range with the date. In Germany, we use 24h clock. So, we don't have the AM/PM indicator. The part where the AM/PM indicator is supposed to be is just blank. Therefore, the clock is not in range with the date in the bottom line anymore. Any chance to have the AM/PM indicator in front of the clock instead of at the end? If it is in front, it has no influence to the design of the skin if the AM/PM indicator is not used.
Every time i try to download subtitles my pi crash

It would be nice to have a little icon for watch and unwatched
http://dribbble.com/shots/922803-Para-XB...w&tag=plex
something simple like this ?

The fanart bg in the home menu and spotlight don't work on the pi
@jurialmunkey -- thanks!

also, do you have any plans to create a view like Arctic - 'Big List'?
i like having the thumbnails to the left of the list. i feel it works with a lot of the Video addons that don't have true 'Posters'
the 'Wide' View is close... just thinking of having something like this with the 'List' view.

keep up the great work!
Me again Smile I'm missing a way to easily go to full screen, like when playing some music. My remote doesn't have a separate button for this. Would be cool if you could add a shortcut somewhere, or that maybe a slide to left switches into full screen.
(2014-02-24, 12:56)Scottland Wrote: Like the look of this, I don't run gotham on my main HTPC yet - but I do on my Mac so I'll take a look later this week. Really like Arctic, and it's been my main skin for months now - so I have high expectations of this Big Grin
Let me know how it goes! Smile

(2014-02-24, 13:47)futuro Wrote: Noticed a minor thing... On the clock you have the AM/PM indicator at the end in range with the date. In Germany, we use 24h clock. So, we don't have the AM/PM indicator.
Fixed in latest git. Just used a condition to slide it over if its empty.

(2014-02-24, 15:56)R-max Wrote: Every time i try to download subtitles my pi crash

It would be nice to have a little icon for watch and unwatched

The fanart bg in the home menu and spotlight don't work on the pi
Watched indicator has been in since a couple of commits back. Update to latest version.

Subs works for me. I doubt this is a skin issue... Does it crash with other skins? Also make sure using latest version.

RE: fanart -- do you have skin.widgets installed and setup?

(2014-02-24, 18:23)locomot1f Wrote: also, do you have any plans to create a view like Arctic - 'Big List'?
i like having the thumbnails to the left of the list. i feel it works with a lot of the Video addons that don't have true 'Posters'
the 'Wide' View is close... just thinking of having something like this with the 'List' view.
I didn't, but now that you mention it I think it would be a useful additional viewtype to have. It shouldn't be too hard to make one. Pretty much "wide" but full width list rather than a panel - I'm thinking layout wise: Icon then main label with genre/addon author etc. underneath -- then on the right side the secondary label (rating etc - it changes with the sort method and container content) and watched indicator.

Edit... I've added it in. Decided on a slightly different layout to what I original thought. Let me know your thoughts.

(2014-02-25, 00:46)da-anda Wrote: Me again Smile I'm missing a way to easily go to full screen, like when playing some music. My remote doesn't have a separate button for this. Would be cool if you could add a shortcut somewhere, or that maybe a slide to left switches into full screen.
I like the idea about being able to press left and go to the visualisation. I added to list view at the songs level only -- I think it would be confusing at other points. Also add the option to the nav menu (pressing right).
This seems like it'd make a great skin for Mobile (Phone & Tablet). maybe a version made for them would be good.

Tried it on my iPhone 5, looked good, but couldn't explore much.
@isamu.dragon -- I am planning to have touch/mouse support eventually, but it will be at the end once everything else is settled down. First thing is to get everything working properly for the remote, but I'm trying to be careful to make sure that everything will be accessible with the addition of a few extra on screen controls for touch/mouse
jurial with this and Arctic you've really spoilt us XBMC users who love a clean, quick and beautiful skin. Added to the fact that Jeroen is working on a (re)reFocus it looks like we're gonna have some beautiful eye-candy for Gotham.

Thanks very much for your dedication to these skins.
I am having performance regression on 2 Pi setups with this skin the longer I have it active.
First 5 minutes it is very fast, but the longer times goes by it gets slower and slower (20 min not very responsive, 1 hour almost unusable, 10 hours crash or freeze).
I have tried to look into what might cause this (memory, CPU usage, leaks) but cannot see anything specific.
The first thing that comes to mind is of course the slide shows, is there a way to disable this completely (e.g global background + stop spotlight/in progress etc., to see if this is the case)?

Anyone else on Pi setups seeing this, and what versions of XBMC are you running?

Edit: This might just be a bug in both my setups not related to the skin, not sure yet...
jurialmunkey Wrote:I didn't, but now that you mention it I think it would be a useful additional viewtype to have. It shouldn't be too hard to make one. Pretty much "wide" but full width list rather than a panel - I'm thinking layout wise: Icon then main label with genre/addon author etc. underneath -- then on the right side the secondary label (rating etc - it changes with the sort method and container content) and watched indicator.

Edit... I've added it in. Decided on a slightly different layout to what I original thought. Let me know your thoughts.

yeah... that's the stuff. coming along nicely.

fyi... i noticed that now when i press 'i', i don't get the full Info screen. i have to manually click on 'Info'
was this by choice?
...and, have you finished coding the 'System Info' page? i'm not able to see all the information. maybe a way to scroll... smaller fonts... remove the usage barsHuh
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35