Req XBMC subtitle selector and addon
Hi,
I'm very impressed by the ability to download subtitles from various websites in XBMC, and I'd like to propose the following improvements (if not requested before):
1) The subtitle button in OSD menu brings the add-on which pauses the video and download subtitles automatically. This is very nice for videos without subtitle, but for videos with local subtitle it doesn't give the option to choose local subtitle. I think it should first try to find local subtitle, then go to internet.
2) The subtitle button in XBMC remote behaves differently from the OSD button. In remote it simply switch among the local subtitles - very confusing IMO.
3) For streaming content, it is currently not possible to manually enter the movie/TVshow name. I think it would nice to allow users to manually enter the name if it fails to find subtitle.
4) Right now XBMC only support one encoding schema for subtitles. For some languages (chinese as an example), there can be several encoding for subtitles. Could XBMC somehow detect the language and choose the correct encoding automatically?

Please let me know if some of the features are already in XBMC, I might miss it in configuration.
(2014-02-21, 10:12)somy Wrote: 1) but for videos with local subtitle it doesn't give the option to choose local subtitle. I think it should first try to find local subtitle, then go to internet.

Yes, also i think in my case the local subtitles arent showing, will do some tests later and report back.
Have you tried a Gotham nightly ? You can easily iterate through local and embedded subtitles and even setup in setttings which to prefer.
yes, gotham build has integrated the local subtitles with the download subtitles button
Hi, Thanks!
Will try later today.
Any suggestion on 3) and 4)?
3 was always possible in frodo and still is in Gotham. 4 no clue
(2014-02-21, 21:05)Kib Wrote: 3 was always possible in frodo and still is in Gotham. 4 no clue

Hi, can you instruct me on how to do 3) in frodo? Thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC subtitle selector and addon0