Executing a .exe file from the XBMC menu
I am using XBMC on Windows 7 and having trouble finding a TV program that will work with HDHomeRun, ie has a good guide and can record. I spent a lot of time trying to make Windows Media Center work and gave up. So I have given up on recording and just want to watch TV. My goal then is that when I click on the XBMC TV item of the main menu, I would like it to execute:

C:/Program Files/Silicondust/HDHomeRun/hdhomerun_quicktv.exe.

Any ideas on how I can do this? I have tried using Favourites but had no luck. The wiki either seems to be written for another release other than Frodo or my remote does not have the buttons (C, Menu, etc) that the text talks about. I did get a contest menu up once but it did not have "Add to Favourites" on it.

I have looked at the Favorites.xml file but don't believe that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advanced Launcher!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Just what the doctor ordered! Thanx thrak76!
I spoke too soon. I installed the Angelscry Repository then went to Addons-> Get Addons and selected the repository. Getting the correct context menu is my problem. (Not using the right mouse for context is new to me.) I tried the C key on my keyboard and a menu did come up with only one item on it "Addon information". Selecting it just gave me the summary info about the repository. I also tried the guide key on my MCE remote and no menu came up but a warning at the top said no PVR client has been started. So I am stuck. Help!
I'm not sure what you mean, Did you install advanced launcher as well? Just installing the repository will not give you the launcher.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Executing a .exe file from the XBMC menu0